This Cricut Holiday Gift is the perfect tween present idea. Use this tutorial to make an adorable Iron-on DIY Makeup Bag.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cricut. All opinions are 100% mine.
Last year, I shared some custom Coasters you can make as a Cricut Holiday Gift and I wanted to keep in theme this year.
I love these DIY Makeup Bags because they’re cute, they’re special because they’re homemade, and incredibly inexpensive to make.
As with all my latest Cricut projects, I used the Cricut Joy for these DIY Makeup Bags. They were literally the PERFECT size to use with the Joy.
I love how compact the Joy is and the fact I don’t need a mat for Smart Vinyl is my favorite thing ever.
I was skeptical that I would ever use the Cricut Joy…but I’ve had it for a few months and I almost exclusively use it now.
So if you’re looking for a Cricut Holiday gift for your crafting friends, the Joy is a great option!
Want to try out other projects with the Cricut Joy? Check out these:
Cricut Holiday Gift – Makeup Bag Instructions
- Makeup Bag Cricut Project
- Cricut Joy
- Cricut EasyPress 2
- Cricut Joy Smart Glitter Iron-on
- Cricut Weeder
- Small Makeup Bag
Design Space Instructions
- First, open the Cricut Project in Design Space and click CUSTOMIZE.
- Double click on the word NAME, click on CAPS on your keyboard and type the name. You may need to resize the name.
- Click MAKE IT.
- When prompted on how to load the material, select WITHOUT MAT and click DONE.
- IMPORTANT!!! Before you continue, go to the left side of the screen and click on the toggle bar under MIRROR. Do this for both cuts. If you don’t mirror the image, it will appear backwards when you iron it on.
- Select CONTINUE.
- Select Glitter Iron-on as your material.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to cut your project.
DIY Makeup Bag Instructions
- Once your design is done cutting, cut off excess material with a trimmer or scissors.
- Carefully weed around the design. It is very intricate around the eyelashes and text, so make sure you slowly peel away the iron-on around these areas.
- IMPORTANT!! Once you’re finished weeding, trim around the name so when the name is placed in the middle of the other design the liner does not touch the iron-on.
- Place the name in the center of the border image (check again to make sure the liner is not touching the border).
- Heat the EasyPress 2 to 270 degrees (or check heat settings if you’re using different materials).
- Preheat the front of the makeup bag for 15 seconds, then apply design to the front of the bag.
- Place the EasyPress 2 with LIGHT PRESSURE on top of the design for 30 seconds, then flip the bag over and heat the back for 15 seconds (again, check heat settings).
- Let the design cool, then remove the liner.
I’ll be giving these cute DIY Makeup Bags to my daughter and her friends for a Holiday Gift this year…but I’m pretty sure I’ll be making myself one, as well!
With one roll of iron-on, you can make 3 bags, so these makeup bags end up being about $3 each. Can’t beat that price for this Cricut Holiday Gift!!
Need more Cricut Holiday Gift Projects? Check out these tutorials:
Cricut Holiday Gift Tutorials
- The BEST Halloween Cricut Ideas
- Morbid Valentine Printables
- Feel Like Home Valentine
- Classroom Valentine Idea
- Shamrock Earrings
- Easter Gift Boxes
- Teacher Gift Idea
- Back to School Folders
- DIY Fall Holiday Wreath
- Fall Home Decor Ideas
- Glam Halloween Photo Booth Props
- Glam Halloween Infusible Ink Tees
- Spooky Soda Shop Party
- Monster Photo Props
- Halloween Vinyl Nail Designs
- Vampire Lips Photo Props
- Monster Printable Candy Bar Wrappers
- Haunted Mansion Tea Party Files
- Halloween Luminaries Tutorial
- Pilgrim and Turkey Crowns
- Thankful Hand Lettered SVG File
- Turkey Crowns
- Thanksgiving Place Cards
- Friendsgiving Thanksgiving SVG Files
- A Christmas Story Gift Basket
- Santa and Mrs. Claus Gift Tags
- Good Cheer SVG File
- Holiday Baking Gift Idea
- Newlywed Gift
- Joy Canvas Wreath
- Gingerbread House party
- Snow Cool SVG File
- Stocking Gift Tags
- Handmade Christmas Ornaments
- DIY Wood Ornaments
- DIY Christmas Card
- Home for Christmas Sign