This Easy DIY Christmas Card tutorial also comes with a FREE Printable Address Label! You can customize the paper, colors, textures, and more.
Christmas season is almost here…which means you’re probably thinking of gifts by now, right? One of my favorite parts about Christmas is actually gift wrapping. I just LOVE having pretty gifts under the tree, and cute gift cards to go along with them. I never ever ever buy greeting cards, because obviously, I design my own…and now you can make your own, too with this month’s Fresh Cut SVG Bundle. It comes with over 30 elements to make Christmas cards and gift tags, and today I’ll show you how to make a this DIY Christmas Card (then scroll to the bottom of the post to nab the FREE Address label!) These files can be used with the Cricut or Silhouette!
Please note: We have early bird pricing for 3 days only…so hurry before the price goes up!
What you’ll need to make this DIY Christmas Card:
- Deck the Halls Graphic from Fresh Cut Bundles (hurry, the bundle ends soon!)
- Frame Image from Cricut Maker
- Diagonal background image (free download at the bottom of this post)
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air (read more about the Maker here)
- White Cardstock
- Gold Shimmer Paper
- Black Corrugated Card Stock
- Cricut Pen (I used Candy Crystal for the card)
- Scoring Stylus
- Adhesive Tape
- Glue Gun
- Open the Frame Image in Cricut Design Space.
- Upload the Deck the Halls SVG File to Cricut Design Space, then add it to a new Project.
- Weld the Deck the Halls image with the Weld tool in the bottom right corner of the dashboard.
- Center align the Deck the Halls SVG File with the larger yellow frame Frame Image, then click ATTACH (lower right corner of the dashboard). Leave the smaller black frame on its own.
- Add a 10″x7″ rectangle to your canvas.
- Insert the diagonal background image. Weld the green diagonal stripes together, then delete all the black stripes.
- In the layers panel, click on the green circle by the scissors icon. Change it to WRITE and choose your color.
- Center the diagonal background it to the rectangle.
- Add a 7″ vertical scoreline, and center that to the rectangle with stripes, then ATTACH.
- Send the file to the Cricut by clicking on MAKE IT, then click CONTINUE on the next page.
- Cut the rectangle with pen markings and score line on White Cardstock. The Cricut will notify you when to switch from the Scoring Stylus to the Cricut Pen.
- The small frame on Black Corrugated Card Stock, and the frame with the Deck the Halls SVG File on Gold Shimmer Paper. You’ll need to change the materials for each cut.
- Fold the card at the scoreline, then attach the black frame in the front center of the card with Adhesive Tape.
- Glue the shimmer paper frame with image to the top of the Black Corrugated Card Stock with the glue gun.
- You can label the envelope with Cricut Pens, then print and cut the Address Labels (FLATTEN the image with your address before printing)!
Once you have the design ready for this card, it takes about two minutes to make…which means creating these in bulk is incredibly easy! Here are some of the fun cards we created with our November Fresh Cut SVG Bundle:
I just made some Christmas ornaments with my file and I can’t wait to show you how dreamy those are. They can also be used as gift tags…I always love a 2 for one deal 🙂 For two weeks, I’ll be sharing different Handmade Ornaments, so if you want to get notified, make sure you’re signing up for my email list!
I got some really pretty wrapping paper at Target, and these gift tags will be so pretty. I wish I had bought my Christmas Ornament Wrapping paper in time to show you guys. What was I thinking??? There’s always next year, right?
Remember, these are only available for a short time…and early bird pricing will end in 3 days, so get your SVG Bundle today!
Download the FREE Address Label & Background:
For personal use only. PC users need to unzip the file before uploading to design space.