This Newlywed Christmas Gift Basket is filled with Signature RESERVE™ pasta and sauces, pot holders, and recipe cards – something every newlywed couple needs in a new home!
When we first got married, no joke…we had spaghetti twice a week. That’s not including leftovers. It is such an easy meal to make and I could probably eat pasta every day for the rest of my life and be a happy person. That memory helped me come up with this beautiful Newlywed Christmas Gift Basket Idea! I’m a sucker for things that are practical AND pretty.
Add High-Quality Ingredients to the Newlywed Gift Basket
If you want to create a gift basket like this, I recommend getting gourmet pasta, like the Signature RESERVE brand exclusively from Albertsons and Safeway. Before a product can even get the Signature RESERVE label, it has to go through a rigorous selection process—carried out and curated by culinary professionals. Each product offers unparalleled quality and an elevated culinary experience.
The packaging is beautiful and they’re super yummy, too. I may have purchased 1…or 5 for myself, too. I love the five flavor combinations – porcini and black truffle?? GIVE ME ALL THE PASTA!
I also love that I can get Safeway groceries delivered to my home. So if I’m having a crazy day, I can still get all the gifting done that I need to without leaving my house! Introvert’s dream, right there.
What you’ll need for this Newlywed Gift Basket Idea:
- 2 Gourmet Signature RESERVE brand pasta sauces
- 2 Gourmet Signature RESERVE dried pasta
- 5 qt. stockpot (to use as a gift basket)
- Kitchen supplies like an oven mitt, napkins, pot holders, spatulas, etc.
- FREE Printable Recipe Cards (download at the bottom of this post)
- FREE Under the Mistletoe SVG File (download at the bottom of this post)
- White cardstock
- Red glitter paper
- Tissue paper
- Christmas decor like ribbon, gift tags, mistletoe, etc.
How to assemble the Christmas Gift Basket
- Fill the bottom of the pot with tissue paper or some type of filling like paper bags. This will keep the gift items from sinking into the bowl (makes for a much prettier gift basket).
- Cover that paper neatly with another layer of tissue paper.
- Lightly fold tissue paper in half diagonally, then again the other direction, then place with the point side down in the back of the pot. Repeat 3-5 times so the back half of the pot is lined with tissue paper.
- Place any kitchen item in the back – I have an oven mitt and a silicone spoon in mine.
- Add Signature RESERVE Dried Pasta in next, with the tall bags in the back.
- Place Signature RESERVE Pasta Sauce in the front, then place the recipe cards where they will fit best.
- Tie ribbon and add greenery and tags to the outside of the stockpot.
- You may also make a “gift topper” with a cutting machine using these instructions.
- It’s ready to gift!!
This would also make a great wedding gift if you know anyone tying the knot in December. You can wrap it up in cellophane so it stays in place. But if you’re just giving this to a friend, I feel like the cellophane isn’t needed – because then it would hide how pretty and festive it looks!
I think the mistletoe adds the perfect touch, especially when you pair it with Under the Mistletoe SVG File.
You may even want to add your own family recipe to the recipe cards – just another cute touch to your newlywed Christmas gift basket! You can also add other RESERVE items, like chocolates, coffee, or ice cream (just get it to them fast!) Product availability varies from store to store, so check out your local Albertson’s and Safeway to see the RESERVE items they have in stock.
FREE Printable Recipe Cards & Under the Mistletoe SVG File
Make your holiday gift basket special with ultra-premium Signature RESERVE products – available in my area exclusively at Albertsons and Safeway stores and online. I buy my Signature RESERVE products at my local Albertsons and Safeway, and you can also find them exclusively at all of the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including ACME, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, and Carrs/Safeway. Visit www.albertsons.com to find a store near you.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons and Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.