Make these Personalized Back to School Folders with the Cricut Joy to keep your school supplies organized.
As I said in my last post, I am having a hard time coming to terms with being a “homeschool mom.” I’m glad I have the support of our school system, so all I need to do is stay organized. Easier said than done…but I have the Cricut Joy to help me out with these Personalized Back to School Folders.
I big heart eyes love my Cricut Joy! I moved to a new home in February and I STILL don’t have my craft studio set up…not even a little bit, so I’ve been using my cute little compact machine a lot.
My kids love personalized school supplies, so these Personalized Back to School Folders were a big hit when I showed them. They’re super simple to make and extremely stylish, too!
And obviously if you’re not homeschooling this year, you can still use these labels for your school bound child.
What you’ll need for Personalized Back to School Folders
- Folder Labels Cricut Project
- Cricut Joy
- Cricut Joy Removable Vinyl
- Cricut Joy Transfer Tape
- Back to School Folders
- Cricut Scraper
- BONUS – Use the monogram labels on a pencil pouch!
Cricut Design Space Tutorial
- Open the Folder Labels Cricut Project in Cricut Design Space.
- Either edit the document or select MAKE IT NOW.
- To edit the text, make sure you UNATTACH the items first ( button is in the lower right hand corner), then double click the word you want to edit and type it in. Make sure you resize the border so it stretches out across the text.
- Choose how you’d like to load the material – for this project you can choose not to use a mat and press DONE. Then press CONTINUE.
- Select your material. In this case, I used removable vinyl.
- Load your material into the machine.
- Click GO when you are ready and let the machine do its work!
- Repeat steps 5-6 for the monogram labels.
Vinyl Folder Tutorial
- After you material is done cutting, cut the excess material off with scissors.
- For easy weeding, cut in between each label.
- Weed the design.
- Cut transfer tape to the length of the label you weeded.
- Remove the transfer tap from the backing and place transfer tape over the design.
- Use a scraper to adhere the design to the transfer tape.
- Remove the label from its backing. If you’re having trouble making it stick to the transfer tape, use the scraper while you’re removing the label.
- Place a ruler at the top of the folder and place the label at the desired location.
- Scrape the design onto the folder, then carefully remove the transfer tape.
- Repeat for the monogram labels and you can repeat this process with the pencil pouch.
That’s it! That’s you your make Personalized Back to School Folders with the Cricut Joy! and of course, you can use any other Cricut machine for this project.
Like these Personalized Back to School Folders? Check out these other Cricut kid projects:
- DIY Hair Bow Clips
- Mermaid Tote Bag
- DIY Toy Car Tutorial
- Preschool Learning Activity
- How to Turn Kid Art into SVG Files
And here are even MORE kid activities to do at home!
Other Free Coloring Crafts and Lettering Pages
- Free Printable Garden Fairy Coloring Page
- Free Printable Dinosaur Coloring Page
- Free Printable Unicorn Coloring Page
- Free Printable Alphabet Coloring Page
- Free Printable Earth Day Coloring Page
- Free Printable STEM Math Coloring Worksheets
- Free Unicorn Lettering Page
- Coloring Book Superhero Binder
- 23 Fun and Free Coloring Pages
- Coloring Book Zippered Pouch Tutorial
Need more ideas to do at home? Check out these posts: