This Coloring Book Superhero Fabric Binder Tutorial is a great back to school project! Your kids will have a fun and unique binder this year.
Thank you Spoonflower for providing the fabric for this fun Back to School Blog Hop! Opinions are 100% my own.
I had so much fun creating the Floral Coloring Book fabric, I decided to try another project with a pattern both my son and daughter would like. This Coloring Book Superhero Fabric Binder Tutorial is a fun and easy project to do with your kids, plus that coloring book fabric will keep them entertained for hours!
One more thing before I move on to the tutorial…Printable Crush readers are getting a 10% discount on all Spoonflower fabric!
Use the code CRUSH10 at checkout!!
What you need for this Coloring Book Superhero Fabric Binder Tutorial:
- 1-yard Cotton Superhero Coloring Book Fabric from Spoonflower (use the code CRUSH10!!)
- 1 Fat Quarter Cotton accent fabric (get the Purple triangle fabric or Green triangle fabric)
- 1-inch Binder
- Fabric Scissors
- Washable Fabric Marker
- Spray Adhesive
- Permanent Fabric Markers (for coloring)
- Iron your fabric. Washing isn’t too important since you’re not going to wash this anyway 🙂
- Lay the fabric out on a flat surface, face down, then place the binder on top. Measure about 1 inch around the whole binder and mark it with the Washable Fabric Marker.
- Cut the fabric along the lines that you marked with the Fabric Marker.
- Spray the front and back of the binder with Spray Adhesive, center the fabric, then press it to the binder. Tip: You may want to do this outside since the fumes can be very strong. Make sure you do this on a surface you can throw away because it is STICKY!
- For this step, reference the video at 0:25. You’re going to cut diagonal slits in the fabric at each corner, then you’ll cut three slits at the top and bottom of the binder, where the brads are, and where the folds are. Where the brads are, you’ll cut the flap off, but leave the other one at the fold where it is. (seriously, watch the video because that was hard to describe 🤣)
- Spray the adhesive along the edge of the binder, then fold all the flaps down.
- Cut the excess fabric off from each corner.
- Spray the inside of one side of the folder again, then place the accent fabric under the brad in the middle and smooth it over the adhesive.
- Cut off the excess fabric in a line that is as straight as possible.
- Let the glue dry, then start coloring!!
I just love the way these turned out and my kids have had a blast coloring them in!
Remember, if you want to get the fabric for this tutorial, use the code CRUSH10 at checkout!
If you liked this, check out these tutorials:
Coloring Book Fabric Zippered Pouch Tutorial
Hand Lettered FREE Summer Coloring Page (get the whole set here)
[…] Coloring Book Superhero Binder […]