Let your child be creative with this adorable Ice Cream Preschool Learning Activity! Cut out all the elements with your Cricut Machine and mix and match for hours of entertainment!
When I made these, I really thought that I was only going to entertain my 3-year old for a couple minutes. I mean, these are freaking adorable, but kids can be fickle. Yeah, no. My son has literally played with this Ice Cream Preschool Learning Activity for HOURS! I ended up placing all the printables in a bag and he still carries it around and plays with it all day. When he can’t find it, he frantically asks for his bag. I’d say this is a parenting WIN right here!
Get the Ice Cream Shoppe SVG Bundle
I made these using my Cricut and the latest files from the Ice Cream Shoppe SVG Bundle! The bundle includes over 30 adorable designs – just imagine all the Cricut Projects you can do with this bundle!
I think these ice cream files would make insanely cute iron-on tees.
The printable activities are completely FREE, so scroll down after you read the instructions and click on the download button for 9 pages of create your own ice cream printables!
Ice Cream Preschool Learning Activity Supplies:
- FREE Make Your Own Ice Cream PDF File (download link at the bottom of this post)
- Ice Cream Shoppe SVG File Bundle
- Laminator (optional)
- Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air (read more about the Maker here)
- LightGrip Cutting Mat
- White Cardstock
- Color Cardstock
Laminate the Ice Cream Printables
- Turn on the Laminator and press the HEAT button so it heats while you complete the next step. It’s ready when the light turns on.
- Download the PDF File, then print them on white cardstock.
- Place one printable in a Laminator Sheet and place the folded edge of the laminator sheet into the laminator and let it run through. Repeat for all the pages.
Cut Ice Cream SVG Files with the Cricut
- Now, upload the Ice Cream SVG Files to Cricut Design Space. Tip: Learn more about how to upload an SVG File to use with your Cricut.
- You can either cut the images out on Color Cardstock or FLATTEN the images and print and cut. Tip: Learn more about creating Print and Cut Images Files from SVG Files.
- Send the files to the Cricut, then select the right material.
- Place your material on the mat, load it into the Cricut, then press the CUT button. Repeat for all the files.
NOTE: At this point, you can also laminate the ice cream printables and cut around the edges. While I’m sure you can cut them with the Cricut Maker, I didn’t try it because I wasn’t expecting my son to love it so much – so I’m not sure of the settings. You want to be careful cutting really thick materials, especially custom items. It could mess up your machine and void your warranty.
If you don’t have the Ice Cream SVG Files, you could also use this printable to draw on with crayons or laminate them and color on with expo markers. I also think it would be fun to make your own stickers with Cricut Vinyl – really the possibilities are endless with this preschool activity!
Another great idea I had that I haven’t had time to do…use a three hole punch on the laminated sheets and tie them with ribbon. It’s a much better solution than a plastic bag…but my 3-year-old is super attached to his bag at this point and I’m afraid of his reaction to change.
Everyone says it’s the terrible two’s, but there’s really nothing more terrifying than a threenager. I don’t have teenagers yet, so maybe I’m wrong!
So to sum things up, anything that’s not a screen that keeps my kid entertained is a winner in my book…and the fact that he calls the soft serve ice cream poop ice cream makes me laugh every time. It’s extremely difficult to make soft serve ice cream NOT look like the poop emoji. So bonus…these can also be used for potty training 🤣
Leave a Reply