This DIY Mermaid Infusible Ink Tote Bag looks like it was professionally printed, but you can make it yourself in under 30 minutes!
As you may know, Cricut came out with Infusible Ink last month and I’ve had SO many ideas and very little time to really experiment with it.
I created some cute Coasters and T-shirts using transfer sheets and Infusible Ink Pens and this month I created this Mermaid Infusible Ink Tote Bag with a FREE Printable Print and Cut Gift Tag. You can see it hanging from the Tote in these pictures.
You can find the SVG Files for this project in my shop, and I’ll walk you through the whole process for making these Infusible Ink ready!
This set includes OVER 20 FILES! I also have THIS SET of Mermaid SVG Files in my shop.
Cricut Design Space Tutorial
DIY Mermaid Infusible Ink Tote Bag Materials
- Mermaid SVG Files
- Cutting machine like the Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2 (read more about the Maker here)
- StandardGrip Mat
- 12″ x 10″ EasyPress 2 – HIGHLY recommend this size for t-shirts
- EasyPress Mat
- Cricut Cardstock
- Mermaid Rainbow Transfer Sheets
- Large Tote Bag Blank
- Butcher Paper (comes with Infusible Ink rolls)
- Lint Roller
DIY Mermaid Infusible Ink Tote Bag Instructions
- Follow the video tutorial for creating this design in Cricut Design Space.
- Now that you have everything cut out, weed the transfer sheet with your hands.
- Cut around all the designs, close enough that the transfer tape DOESN’T COVER any of the infusible ink sheet. This is incredibly important. Anything that doesn’t touch the fabric will not get transferred.
- Now is a good time to get out your EasyPress and heat it to 385 degrees and put your EasyPress mat in place.
- Now you need to prep your Tote Bag Blank. Place it on the EasyPress Mat and remove the lint on the front with a lint roller.
- Place the Card stock in the bag and make sure it is where you will have your design. This prevents the Infusible Ink from transferring to the other side of the bag.
- If needed, roll the lint roller over the front of your tote bag again, then heat your tote bag with the EasyPress for 15 seconds at 385 degrees.
- Place your Mermaid Design on the tote bag, face down, the place the butcher paper on top of it.
- Hold the EasyPress in place over the design for 40 seconds. Make sure you don’t move the EasyPress around. Your design could move as well and you’ll end up with a smudged looking design.
- Take the EasyPress off the tote, then remove the transfer sheet.
- That’s it! You have a professional looking Mermaid Infusible Ink Tote Bag!!
My daughter has been taking this with us when we go swimming.
BY THE WAY…it is much colder swimming in Colorado summers than Arizona summers. I drive by the pool when it’s 70 degrees and I wonder who all these crazy people are that think it’s warm enough to go swimming.
Arizona spoiled me in that way!
So I may be freezing up in the northern lands, but at least we’re accessorized right with this Mermaid Tote!
This would also be a great gift bag – and you know I love things that serve a double purple – giving a gift bag that’s also a tote would be very green of you 😉