Get this FREE Printable Unicorn Hand Lettering Worksheet and Wall Art. Practice your lettering, and remember you can always fall back on being a unicorn.
I know…you’re probably wondering why all the unicorn crafts! First, there was Unicorn confetti, then Unicorn Gift Bags, and now a FREE Printable Unicorn Hand Lettering Worksheet! The answer is that Unicorns adorable, I love colorful things, and sometimes I get on a kick and it’s hard to stop. Did I mention unicorns are adorable?
I think this practice sheet is fun because it has some hand-drawn pictures to trace, as well. My daughter loves stuff like this, so you can use it for yourself, or for you kids…or both! She created this with her own style. Guys, this girl kills me with how cute she is. And when I saw her rainbow unicorn letters, I wish I had thought of that myself. I see a rainbow letter tutorial in your future.
Now, I’m a hoarder of markers. I am going to show you my storage solution in the next few weeks, but these are my MUST have markers for lettering for adults:
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens get them at Tombow.com or Amazon
- Tombow Fudenosuke Markers get them at Tombow.com or Amazon
- Tombow Monotwin Markers get them at Tombow.com or Amazon
- Cricut BrightPad – I use this to trace the practice sheet
I got my daughter some less expensive lettering markers until she gets a little older. I’m pretty sure she’ll be able to brush letter by the time she’s twelve, but not she uses dual brush pens for coloring and I.JUST.CAN’T. with stuff like that. Those markers are more valuable than gold in my household (though much cheaper, but still).
For kids, I recommend:
- Crayola Lettering Markers – such a great starter set for kids! I got them for Riley for Christmas and she’s been using them almost every day
- Crayola Markers – nothing wrong with teaching your child hand lettering with trusty Crayola Markers. For the price, I’ve found these to be the most vibrant in color.
- Sharpie Brush Pens – these will require adult supervision…because they’re sharpies and permanent, but it’s a good starter for learning brush lettering.
- Airline Stix Markers – these are a little more expensive, and I bought them for me but didn’t like them for me, but they’re great for kids.
You may notice on this worksheet, I have a shading effect. It’s so easy to do with the Tombow Dual Brush Pen. I used two shades of purple from the Galaxy bundle. First, I lettered it with the lighter purple, then traced the downstrokes with the darker purple, but with a slightly lighter stroke than the first stroke with the light purple.
Download the FREE Printable Unicorn Hand Lettering Worksheet and Wall Art
And because I have lots of lettering friends, we decided to get together and share all our free lettering worksheets with you all!
Make sure to hop around and check out all the posts in this series! These ladies are totally talented and I know I’ll be printing off some of these to practice up.
Left to Right, Top to Bottom:
Setting Goals Brush Lettering Tutorial- Smiling Colors
Crush Them Goals Watercolor Printable- Inkstruck Studio
You’ve Got This Practice Sheet- Liz on Call
Motivation Printable Practice Sheet- Lemon Thistle
New Year Watercolour Journal- One Project Closer
Nothing Will Work Motivational Printables- Persia Lou
Joy ALLEN says
Thank you so much Erin for the free printables. That is very kind of you and it helps us newbies to get started.
Thank you again for these free printables. My son likes Dinosaurs and me and my daughter likes Unicorns to. You and your family have a Happy New Years
So glad you like this! If your son likes Dinosaurs, you should download this free coloring page.