This fun Unicorn DIY Confetti Cricut Tutorial is super easy, and you will be amazed at how intricate the Maker can cut on the Cricut party foil!
I’m making it a goal this year to focus on what you guys really want…and one thing you loved last year was my Unicorn Party and Printables. I happen to love creating unicorn files, so this Unicorn DIY Confetti Cricut Tutorial was a no-brainer.
These graphics work best with the party foil material, but I also used glitter cardstock and foil posterboard. I tested these sizes a few times till I had perfectly cut Unicorn confetti!
Supplies you’ll need
- Unicorn SVG files
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air (read more about the Maker and check out my comparison between the two)
- Party Foil
- Glitter Cardstock
- Foil Posterboard
- StandardGrip Mat
- LightGrip Mat
- Spatula Tool
DIY Unicorn Confetti Tutorial
- Upload the SVG Files to Cricut Design Space, then add it to a new Project.
- Resize the images at random small sizes. The hand lettering and unicorn will need to be slightly larger than the flowers. My unicorn was about 1.5″ tall if that tells you how tiny these are.
- Change the colors of the items in your dashboard according to the material you want to cut on. Tip: The unicorn cuts best on Party Foil at that size. It had no problem cutting 1/8″ flowers!
- Once all your Send the document to the Cricut.
- You will want to place your material on a Standard Grip Mat (since the files are small, it worked better for me on a stickier mat, but I recommend you also test these on a LightGrip Mat).
- The Cricut will notify you when to change the material…make sure you change it in Cricut Design Space, as well as the on the mat.
- That’s it! Cut out as much confetti as you like!
This DIY Unicorn confetti is great for birthday party decorations, party favors, and maybe even adding a little extra fun to your unicorn party invitations! I also made some fun DIY Unicorn Gift Bags…so you could make your whole party suite in design space for only $3! Not too shabby.