Have a friend that’s a Christmas movie fan? They’ll love this A Christmas Story Gift Basket Idea! It’s complete with a leg lamp drink, Red Ryder chocolate bars and “BB’s”, and so much more!
I shared FREE A Christmas Story Printables yesterday, and today I’m sharing how to create this A Christmas Story Gift Basket Idea using those printables! I’ll tell you where to buy everything, and link up to my favorite tutorials and recipes!
What you’ll need for this A Christmas Story Gift Basket Idea:
- Free Printables (these have a separate list for paper products you’ll need)
- Fragile SVG File (download below)
- Stencil Material
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air (read more about the Maker here)
- Wood Crate (mine is 13″ wide)
- Black Spray Paint
- Wood Excelsior
- Treat Boxes
- Chocolate Bars (Lindt chocolate works best with this wrapper size)
- Cherry Drop Tin
- Fudge (I recommend my hot tamale fudge or peppermint hot chocolate fudge)
- Martinelli’s or Wine
- Mini Lamp Shade
- Fringe Trim
- Natural Panty Hose
- Fishnet Stockings
- Hot Glue Gun
First, you’ll need to cut out the Fragile SVG File on vinyl. Block the back of the crate, and the inside, then spray with black spray paint. Don’t worry too much about overspray…that will give it an authentic look.
- Let it dry, then start filling the crate with Wood Excelsior . Tip: You can also fill the crate with boxes and wrap them in natural tissue paper so you don’t have to use as much of the Wood Excelsior.
- To make the leg lamp, place the wine or Martinelli’s bottle in the natural pantyhose, then cut off the excess. Do the same with the fishnet pantyhose, then tie them in a knot.
- Hot glue the trim to the Mini Lamp Shade and cut off the excess, then place the shade on top of the bottle.
- Follow the instructions for the printables.
- Place everything in the gift basket, then string the lights along the front (hold them in place with tape).
The Martinelli’s or Wine bottle leg lamp is by far my favorite part of this basket. I mean…that’s the most iconic part of the movie, so I had to include it. And who doesn’t want a box of “Oh, Fudge!” I actually messed up my OWN recipe when I was making these…and I wanted to say fudge. I had to make another batch when I realized I used sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk. Sweetest fudge ever (and that’s NOT a good thing).
Download the FREE SVG File
If you liked this, check out these posts:
A Christmas Story FREE Printable
Sara Blake says
Oh Erin, this is too cute! We love this movie, I may have to make this for my kiddos! Thanks for sharing!