This Peppermint Hot Chocolate Fudge recipe just SCREAMS Christmas time! You’ll love the rich dark chocolate fudge, tasty marshmallows, and sweet peppermint combination!
If there’s a dessert that makes me think of Christmas, it’s fudge. My mom usually makes Rocky Road Fudge, but I put a new spin on it…left out the nuts and put peppermint on it instead. If you LOVE peppermint, you’ll go crazy for this Peppermint Hot Chocolate Fudge Recipe! As long as I have fudge and Biscochitos this year, I’ll be a happy camper.
It’s not Christmas without fudge or hot chocolate, so I figured I should combine the two with a touch of peppermint. I used a combination of dark chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips to give it a really rich flavor. You can use semi-sweet, but I think dark chocolate really makes it. This fudge is really soft and creamy and takes a while to set. I usually put it in the fridge to make it easier to cut.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- 2 12 oz bags milk chocolate chips
- 2 12 oz bags dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 11 oz cans evaporated milk
- 1 c butter
- 4 c sugar
- 1 10.5 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 8-10 candy canes crushed
- Add chocolate chips to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add milk, sugar and butter in a pan and heat at medium heat until butter is melted and ingredients are combined.
- Turn heat to medium high until mixture is bubbling, then turn down to medium low.
- Stir continually and keep on heat for 7 minutes.
- Pour mixture over dark chocolate chips and stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- When it is a little cooled, add in marshmallows. They should not be melting.
- Add fudge to a greased pan, top with peppermint, then let set for several hours before serving. You can also let it set in the refrigerator.
We usually cut out gigantic cake-sized pieces. This recipe makes A LOT of fudge, so it’s perfect for handing out to your neighbors and friends this Christmas…unless you plan on eating it all yourself, in which case…I don’t judge 😉
In case you want MORE peppermint dessert ideas for your holiday sweets, check out these other recipes from some of my favorite Creative Foodies:
Strawberry Candy Cane Mousse from Mom Endeavors
Peppermint Cheesecake Jars from See Vanessa Craft
Candy Cane Almond Bark from A Night Owl Blog
peppermint hot chocolate from Spaceships & Lasberbeams
Peppermint Macarons from Ashlee Marie
Peppermint Oreo Truffles from Two Twenty One
Peppermint Brownie Truffles from Happiness is Homemade
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Fudge from Printable Crush
Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sugar Cookies from The Idea Room
Peppermint No Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Mom Endeavors
If you liked this, check out these posts:
Joyce Rountree says
HELP!! The recipe doesn’t call for butter? Please amend, thanks! Looks awesome.
Good catch!!! Just added it in 🙂