Give your manicure a touch of spooky with these FREE SVG Vinyl Halloween Nail Designs made with your favorite Cricut Machine!
I am no manicurist. I barely function with my left hand, so my right is always a mess, but these cute Vinyl Halloween Nail Designs hid a lot of those mistakes for me and can’t wait to try this for other holidays!
And of course, I have a FREE Halloween SVG file pack to share with you. It includes a cat, Frankenstein monster, ghost, jack-o-lantern, mummy, skull, spider, vampire lips, vampire mustache, witch hat, and zombie!
Yep, that’s 12 designs, totally free!!
And I do want to let you know that these designs look really wonky when they’re large. That’s because when you shrink them down to 1/4″ the details get lost if they’re too small.
So you can use these Free SVG Files for other projects, just know they may look a little strange.
Like this post? Check out these over 50 Halloween Printables and Crafts!
I made this with my Cricut Joy, but you can use any Cricut Machine with these SVG Files.
Cricut Joy Materials to make Vinyl Halloween Nail Designs
- Free Halloween Nail Designs SVG Files (download link at the bottom of this post)
- Cricut Joy or other Cricut Machine
- Cricut Joy Shimmer Permanent Vinyl (don’t worry – you can remove them easily…this just assures they’ll stay on through hand washing and such) or Cricut Shimmer Vinyl for other machines
- Cricut Joy Transfer Tape
- Nail Polish – I like to use a Nail Dip Kit and my go to color for Halloween is Black.
- Weeding Tool
- Small Craft Scissors
Vinyl Nails Tutorial
- I recommend painting your nails and letting them dry COMPLETELY before start on this project.
- Upload the design to Cricut Design Space.
- Select your file, then resize the file to fit your nails by entering the size at the top menu bar.
- Click MAKE IT.
- For the Cricut Joy, choose the option to load without a mat. Skip this step for the other machines.
- Choose Permanent Smart Vinyl as your material, then follow the instructions on the screen to cut out your designs.
- After your designs are done cutting, use scissors to cut a square around each individual designs.
- Carefully weed around the Vinyl Halloween Nail Design. This can be tedious with small designs, but it’s worth it…promise! If you have any parts that aren’t cut properly, use the scissors to cut those away from the backing.
- Either peel the design off and stick it on your nail, or cut a small piece of the transfer tape and adhere it to the design before placing it on your nail.
- Place the design on dried nails and paint a top coat over your nails if you want it to last longer.
And that’s it! If you’re into these Vinyl Halloween Nail Designs, check out my GLAM Halloween SVG Files in my shop.
I’ve also got some tutorials for some really fun Halloween projects using these files.
- Glam Halloween Door Decorations
- Glam Halloween SVG Files
- Glam Halloween Photo Booth Props
- Infusible Ink DIY Halloween T-shirts
- Glam Halloween Photo Prop Instructions