The new design space is AMAZING and I’ve listed my FAVORITE Cricut Design Space Updates…the Cricut Explore just got WAY better!
Welcome to another week of the 24-Week Cricut Tutorial Series! Last week, I walked you through the new Cricut Design Space and this week I’m going into more detail with my FAVORITE Cricut Design Space Updates. I have been testing out the software for a couple months and now that it’s in Beta, I can share all the details with you!
Join the Printable Crush Cricut Tribe!
Join the EXCLUSIVE Facebook Group, be the first to know about Cricut updates and sales, and get Cricut Tutorials Delivered to your inbox for FREE!
Make sure you download the NEW Cricut Design Space before starting anything. You can see a brief tutorial HERE and get the owners manual here. Also, you can still use the same materials and supplies, and create the same great projects with the Cricut. Trust me, all of the changes are for the better!
Favorite New Design Space Updates
- The new look is easier to navigate. I love that I can grab old projects from the front page instead of having to search for them.
- It’s SUPER easy to create Make it Now Projects since all the latest seasonal creations are also on the front page.
- You can also easily customize Make it Now Projects! I’ll be posting a tutorial next week for this Cricut Series, so stay tuned!
- Bluetooth seems less glitchy. This may be a fluke on my end, but I never have problems connecting my machine with Bluetooth now. If you’ve seen my new craft room/office set up, Bluetooth is essential for me, since I don’t have desk space for the Cricut, so I love love love this feature.
- Images and projects are now easier to find, and has a new Filter option when you search. For example, you can search for printables that are free and singlel-layer. Really cool!
These are obviously a biggy for me because I LOVE creating printables with my Cricut. These updates just made my life so much easier!
Cricut Design Space Updates for Uploading Printables
- My FAVORITE update is you can now print larger sizes for printable designs! Some of my designs require a full page, so this makes my life SOOO much easier!
- Faster upload time for printables and SVG files! This used to be a big deterrent for me, but now it’s so much faster to get my design up in Cricut Design Space.
- The accuracy of the Print and Cut is STELLAR! Seriously, it cut my planner magnets perfectly.
- It also improved the bleed for print and cut. Instead of just the color appearing around the edges, it duplicates the patterns around the edges as you can see in the image above.
If you’re looking to play around with some Printables or SVG Files with your Cricut Explore Air, check out these tutorials:
- Easter Bunny Emoji Boxes (just leave the ears off for regular parties)
- Gigantic Floral Vinyl Wall Tutorial (and get the commercial license SVG files here)
- Make Your Own Unicorn Printable Kid Craft
- Faux Leather Bracelet Tutorial
- Make Your Own Stickers and Party Favors
Tool Bar Updates
- I went over this a little bit last week, but the placement of everything makes so much more sense! There were some things that I didn’t realize the old design space could do because it was harder to find. This new interface solves a lot of those issues.
- Love that the text editor appears at the top of the page, and opens up automatically, instead of having to click on it in the sidebar.
- You can manually insert numbers to change the size, rotation or position of an object, so this makes your design much more precise. For example, you could rotate an object to 35 degrees. Later if you needed to rotate another object, you would know the exact degree to rotate it. As a designer, that’s something that’s really important to me!
Now, it’s your turn! What are your favorite updates? Leave a comment! And be sure to join the NEW Printable Crush Cricut Tribe!
If you liked this, check out these other Cricut Explore Air posts:
Faux Leather Bracelet Cricut Tutorial
Last Day of School Chalkboard Signs
Brandi @Creative Cutting Classroom says
My favorite new feature is when using fonts you can see all of them and what they look like. Makes designing so much faster!
Kay McCurdy says
Can I still join your 24 week Design Space class?
If so, what is the cost?
I have a brand new Explore Air 2 still in the box and I do need classes.
Thank you so much!
Hi Kay! This is a FREE series. If you sign up for my email list, you’ll get all the updates delivered to your inbox 🙂
Nona Dagley says
I need to start with week 1of 24. Where may I find a lunch st of the weekly posts u have already done. I do have one question though? I have saved projects with images I want to use in a new project. How do I get that image into my new project?
Hi Nona- Start here: printablecrush.com/24-week-cricut-tutorial-series/ It lists all the tutorials in the series, plus more!