These GIGANTIC Floral Vinyl Wall Decals are great for a statement wall. Read on for the tutorial to apply them, plus get one of these flower SVG files for FREE!
This is hands down my favorite part about my home office. It was almost complete, then I realized something was missing. I usually go ALL in with certain things, but I have the hardest time committing when it comes to decor. I agonize over paint colors and furniture pieces. That’s why I LOVE these GIGANTIC Floral Vinyl Wall Decals.
I think they’re gorgeous (and even prettier in person…my pictures just don’t do them justice!!), plus they’re removable. Perfect for a decor commitment-phobe like me! It’s also extremely affordable. You can purchase these Flower SVG Files in my shop, then get the vinyl at Expressions Vinyl and it’s still cheaper than buying art pieces!
To make these GIGANTIC Floral Vinyl Wall Decals you’ll need:
- Floral SVG Files (one image is free below, the rest are for purchase)
- llow”>Cricut Explore Air or another cutting machine that supports SVG files
- Black Removeable Indoor Vinyl (each flower is 12″ so get enough vinyl to cover your wall area. I used 10 yards.)
- Transfer Tape
- X-Large Scraper
- 12X24″ Mat
- First off, measure the space you want the images to go. Get the approximate size you want the flowers to be.
- Next, upload the files to Cricut Design Space. Resize them, as needed (again, my flowers were around 12″-13″).
- Send the file to the Cricut. Place the Removeable Indoor Vinyl, face up on the mat, then load it into the Cricut.
- Next, weed out the excess vinyl with the Weeder tool.
- Apply the Transfer Tape to the front of the weeded out vinyl with the X-Large Scraper.
- Peel off the back of the Removeable Indoor Vinyl.
- Apply VERY lightly to the wall. Do this with every piece before the next step. I do this so I can move them around before choosing the final location. Take a step back and make sure it looks okay.
- Next, using the X-Large Scraper, apply pressure to the transfer tape, especially toward the edges of the vinyl flowers.
- CAREFULLY and SLOWLY peel away the Transfer Tape. If certain parts of the Vinyl are not sticking to the wall, just scrape it more with the X-Large Scraper as you’re peeling off the Transfer Tape. Do this for every flower, then you’re finished!
I applied this to two walls and I split them up into two days because it is a lot of work. It’s easy, but know you’ll need a little muscle to get the transfer tape off. It will be worth it, though. I promise!!
You’re also getting a nice preview of my office reveal! Can’t wait to share all the details!
Make sure you download the free decal file below:
Note: This is only one floral design. One is an SVG and the other is PNG. Both may be used for cutting machines. Unzip files before uploading them to your cutting software.
This file is for PERSONAL use only. To purchase the commercial use and the rest of the floral designs, GO HERE.
If you liked this, check out my other office update projects:
Faux Concrete Planter Tutorial
And you’ll also love these: