Find all the details for this GORGEOUS Craft Room and Home Office Makeover, including where to buy everything and links to all the DIY tutorials!
It’s HERE! My Craft Room and Home Office Makeover Reveal is FINALLY here! I’ve lived in this house for 4 years, and for about 3 of those years, my office looked like this. Not terrible, but holy moly, it looks amazing now.
We tried to DIY most things. Pretty much, the right side of the office is DIY and the left side is store bought. I splurged on the Restoration Hardware Shelves because I needed something sturdy, that would hold all my heavy art supplies and wouldn’t fall over on my kids. Also, it’s SO gorgeous.
I also splurged on my Roman Shades from The Shade Store. I wanted this house because of the HUMONGOUS windows. They’re gorgeous, but I didn’t realize how pricey shades were for windows that large until we moved in. Which is probably why we went without shades for 4 years. After some major fails with cheaper blinds, I decided that going with The Shade Store was the best decision. My other choice would be making them…and that wouldn’t have ended well. SO worth it! I love how pretty these shades are, the quality is amazing AND it has a conitnuous loop cord, so these are kid safe. That was a HUGE selling point for me.
Read on to see where to buy all the good things in this Home Office Makeover
Where to Buy:
- Roman Shades from The Shade Store (with THIS fabric)
- Cabinets and Countertops from Home Depot (Tutorial HERE)
- Desk from Wayfair
- Rug from Target
- Isabelle Bench from Target or Amazon
- Mirror from ZGallerie (find alternative at Amazon)
- Shelf from Restoration Hardware
- Wood Feathers/Leaves (they call them leaves, but they totally look like feathers to me!) from Target-only in stores
- Celebrate Sign from Heidi Swapp- can’t find a link to this, which makes me sad because I LOVE it! I got mine at Pinner’s Conference.
- Heidi Swapp Light Box from Amazon
- Elf Organizing Unit from The Container Store (this is the area where I hang all my scissors and the small shelves right by it).
- Magnet Boards from IKEA
- DIY Ribbon Holder (SO freaking easy!)
- Floral Vinyl Wall
- DIY Laminate Countertops
- Gold Foil Vinyl Teepee Tutorial
- Faux Concrete Planter Tutorial
Like I said, this Home Office Makeover took YEARS. If you are feeling discouraged with the way your home looks, just keep in mind that this makeover didn’t happen overnight. Start saving, collecting, pinning, whatever you can to make your home office a place you want to work in. I used to dread spending time in my office and NOW? I can’t wait to hang out in this pretty space!
Another great thing about having a pretty office, is that it’s SO much easier to keep things organized. My next project is my craft closet…SO dreading doing that because it’s ridiculous how many things I’ve acquired over the years. Wish me luck!
Remember to visit these tutorials so you can DIY your own Home Office or Craft Room!
Gigantic Floral Vinyl Wall
DIY Laminate Countertops
DIY Ribbon Holder
Gold Foil Vinyl Wood Teepee Tutorial
Faux Concrete Planter Tutorial