You only need 4 supplies for this Faux Concrete Planter DIY Decor Project and it only takes minutes to make! Such an easy and stunning DIY craft!
I’m not sure that this Faux Concrete Planter actually qualifies as a DIY Decor Project, because it’s so fricken easy. You probably don’t need the instructions or a video tutorial…but you’re getting it anyway because the video is fun!
What you need to make a Faux Concrete Planter:
- Wood Hexagon Container
- Textured Cement Finish
- Fake Succulents
- Floral Foam
- #10 Penblade (made specifically for styrofoam…trust me, you’ll love it!!)
- Paint Brush
- Two Different Acrylic Paint Colors (I used this Neon Pink and this Mint)
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $8.91Was: $11.29
Price: $3.33Was: $4.99
Ready for the super complicated instructions???
- Paint Hexagon Container (available at Target in stores) with Textured Cement Finish. Let Dry.
- Paint 3 triangles mint, let dry.
- Paint 3 triangles pink, let dry. You may need a couple coats since this paint is glossy.
- Touch up any missed spots or mess ups. Let dry.
- Cut foam with the #10 Penblade to fit in the container, poke succulents into the foam and place them in the container.
This is now sitting prettily on a Teepee (tutorial coming soon) on my office shelf. My office is THIS close to being finished. I just have a couple vinyl projects and painting projects. Plus, my husband has to finish putting my desk together (we refinished the countertops)…but it’s so close I can taste it. I think you’re going to LOVE it as much as I do! If you’re curious…see what it looked like before. Yeah, that was posted like 4 years ago :/
I think this is so sleek looking…and since it only took a few minutes to make (most of it was waiting for paint to dry)…I think I’ll have to make more for the rest of my house! Target has so many fun wood crafts to try.
If you liked this, check out these other DIY Decor Projects: