Follow this Cricut Tutorial to make this Faux Leather Bracelet. It’s the EASIEST way to create a gorgeous piece of DIY jewelry!
I’ve actually never made jewelry before, so this post is a first for me…but I’m loving Faux Leather Bracelet so much I decided to create a Cricut Tutorial so you can recreate it. It involves NO sewing and no fancy equipment besides the Cricut. Trust me, I don’t need any more craft tools, so I’m glad my Cricut can do everything!
What You Need to Create a Faux Leather Bracelet
- Cricut Faux Leather – Pebbled
- Printable Fabric (for fabric and leather bracelets shown)
- Measuring Tape
- Hot Glue Gun
- Before you start creating the bracelet, measure around your wrist with the Measuring Tape. Make sure it’s not too tight.
- Open up Cricut Design Space and create a new project.
- Select a shape, and click on the square. Press the lock icon to unlock it.
- Drag the corner of the square until it is about 1.5″ wide, and then the length of your wrist plus 1.5″ to 2″. So, if your wrist is 6 inches around, your bracelet will be about 8 inches long.
- Select the triangle shape, then unlock it. resize it to about 3/4″ wide and 1/2″ tall. Copy and paste it three times. Align them to the center horizontally, then distribute vertically and click on ATTACH.
- Now, align the triangles with the rectangle, vertically and horizontally, then click on ATTACH.
- Create two more rectangles, each 1/4″ by 2.”
- Click on the green MAKE IT in the upper right hand corner, then send it to the cricut.
- Place the Cricut Faux Leather – Pebbled on a mat and use a regular blade to cut it out.
- If you want to create a fabric bracelet, cut out the leather without the triangles.
- Next, create a new project and upload the bracelet file and resize it to the size of the leather bracelet you just cut out. No need to cut out the small straps again.
- Add the rectangles again, and align them the same way.
- Weld the triangles together, then align them to the bracelet, then click on ATTACH.
- Send to the
To assemble the bracelet:
- Take the rectangles off the mat.
- Hot Glue the end of one of the small rectangles to the back of the bracelet.
- Pull the strip around the top of the bracelet, then glue the other end to the back of the bracelet, as well.
- Repeat with another strip.
- Allow glue to dry, then cut the sides of the end of the bracelet at an angle. This makes it easier to pull the end through.
- Now you can start wearing it!
I love that this bracelet has a gold sheen…it makes it perfect for this modern design, don’t you think?
I have some exciting things coming in the next few months…stay tuned for 24 WEEKS of Cricut Tutorials and Tips. You read that right! 24 weeks in a row! Can’t wait!!
Download the printable bracelet patterns below
If you liked this, check out these Cricut Tutorials: