Check out this easy Easter Egg Cookie Tutorial by cookie genius, Sweet Sugarbelle! These polkadot royal icing cookies will be the perfect Easter treat.
I’m so excited about our guest post today! Callye is the owner and cookie genius behind Sweet Sugarbelle and she’s sharing this EASY Easter Egg Cookie Tutorial with you all.
She made my daughter Spongebob and Patrick cookies last year and I actually saved two because I couldn’t bear to eat them (but I did manage to eat like a dozen of them…) Welcome Callye!
While you’re here, check out these Easter recipes:
Lots of people think that they cannot decorate cookies, but I’m here to tell you that you can! It’s easy to make beautiful cookies using the simplest of techniques!
Since Easter is on the way, we’re going to make simple but beautiful polka dot Easter egg cookies.
Begin by baking a batch of your favorite cut out cookies. If you don’t have a recipe, click HERE for mine. It’s delicious and easy enough for a beginner to make.
Easter Egg Cookie Tutorial
- Piping and flood icing in your choice of colors
- white flood icing
To begin outline and flood your cookies. For help with this, click HERE. Be sure to only work on one or cookies at a time until you get the hang of it. You have to work a bit quickly.
Immediately after flooding use the white flood icing to drop dots into the wet icing. This is called the wet-on-wet technique.
At this point let the Easter Egg cookies dry for eight to ten hours and that’s all there is to it!
See, I told you it was easy!
If you’d like to learn more about cookie decorating, you can visit me anytime at The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle. I hope to see you there. Happy baking!
Like this Easter Cookie Tutorial? Check out these Easter Printables and crafts!
- Easter Bunny Emoji Gift Boxes – these are my most popular Easter printables, and I’m sure you can see why…SOOOO adorable!
- Easter Bunny Drawing Tutorial – Want to learn how to draw the CUTEST bunny? Download this free printable for a fun Easter activity.
- Easter Bunny Coloring Page – keep the kids busy with this adorable Easter coloring page!
- Hippety Hop Easter Hand Lettering Worksheets – these free Easter hand lettering worksheets come in three lettering styles.
- Easter Watercolor and Brush Lettering Practice Sheet – combine two creative skills with this free printable lettering practice sheet.
- Easter Egg Coloring Page – you can download this freebie and lay them out for the kids to enjoy while they wait for Easter dinner.
- Star Wars Easter Bunny Boxes – love the emoji boxes, but looking for something more galactic? You’ll love these!
- Easter Bunny Egg Printables – decorate those plastic eggs with these cute printables.
- Easter Bunny Napkin Holders – these are too cute for words! Plus, they’re ridiculously easy to create.
- FROZEN Easter Bunny Gift Boxes and Candy Wrappers – yeah, I couldn’t get enough of these Easter Bunny Boxes.
- Dapper Easter Printables – decorate your Easter table with mustached Easter bunny toppers and straw labels!