This cute JELL-O Peeps cake is the perfect treat for Easter! Plus, check out 11 other great Easter food ideas from other Creative Foodies!
You can’t walk down the Easter aisle without grabbing some Peeps…well, at least, I can’t. In case you need more reasons to buy these cute marshmallow treats, try this Jell-O Peeps cake! I love the texture of the JELL-O filled cake, along with the creamy whipped topping and crunchy sprinkles. The sprinkles MAKE this cake!
This is not the first (or second) JELL-O cake I’ve made…and probably won’t be the last because they’re so easy and they’re my favorite cakes. Keep in mind, you need to plan ahead a little bit with this cake because it needs to chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. I made these with 2 6″ round cake pans, but this would be super easy and pretty in a 9X12″ pan, as well.
Check out my Video Tutorial for how to make a JELL-O Poke Cake if you need a little more instruction.
Easy JELL-O Peeps Cake
For the Cake
- 1 White Cake Mix
- 12 oz. Sprite
- 1 Egg White
- 1 pkg. grape JELL-O
- 1 c. Boiling Water
- 1 c. Cold Water
For the Whipped Topping
- 1 1/2 c. Whipping Cream
- 1 8 oz. Jar Marshmallow Cream
- 1 Tbs. Sugar
- Fine Sugar Sprinkles
- Preheat oven according to cake mix instructions.
- Combine cake mix, Sprite and egg white in a blender and mix until combined.
- Pour into cake pan, then bake according to cake mix instructions.
- When baked through, take out from oven and let cool for about 30 minutes.
- While cake is cooling, pour JELL-O mix into a medium bowl, add in boiling water, then stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add in cold water and stir until combined.
- Once cake is cooled, poke holes into the top of the cake with a fork (about every 1/4 inches).
- Pour JELL-O Mixture over the cake, then refrigerate for a couple of hours.
For Whipped Topping
- Once cake is almost done chilling, start on the whipped topping.
- Pour whipping cream into a mixer with the whisk attachment.
- Beat on high until whipping cream creates "peaks" (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in Marshmallow cream and sugar, then mix until it's smooth.
- Take the cake out of the refrigerator and spread whipped topping over the top.
- Pour a layer of sprinkles on top of the cake, decorate with some Peeps and serve!
In case you couldn’t tell…I’m no cake decorator…but the pretty sprinkles and cute peeps make up for my lack of talent 🙂
Check out these other Easter Recipes like this Peeps Cake from my fellow Creative Foodie bloggers!
Pistachio Salad Easter Peeps Dessert Cups from Mom Endeavors
Easter Bunny Crispy Treats from See Vanessa Craft
Mini No-Bake Carrot Cake Cheesecakes from A Night Owl Blog
Cream Egg Cracker Toffee from Spaceships and Laserbeams
Bunny Bait from Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
Homemade Peeps – recipe and video tutorial from Ashlee Marie
Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Mommy Hates Cooking
Chick Cookies from Two Twenty-One
Mini Bunny Cakes from Happiness is Homemade
Strawberries & Cream Salad Shooters from Play Party Plan
Easy Peeps JELL-O Cake from Strawberry Mommycakes
Easter Bunny Bread Bowls from The Idea Room
So pretty and bright! very fun!
Linda Cassidy says
looks so fun, I think I need to try this