Download these FREE Easter Watercolor and Brush Lettering Practice Sheets so you can work with multiple mediums! It turns out GORGEOUS!
After you’re done looking at this tutorial, read on for 10 other Hand lettering ideas and a chance to win a 96 count Tombow Brush Set (retail at $130) or a Watercolor Travel Set!!!
I’m really excited about these FREE Easter Watercolor and Brush Lettering Practice Sheets that I’m sharing today. I love mixing watercolor and ink…it adds a lot of dimension to art and it combines two of my favorite mediums to work with. I also feel like this style really captures the feelings about Easter. The colors, the water, and flowers all represent spring to me…and Easter is at the center of this season 🙂
The video above is a short clip of how I created this. The thing about watercolors is that you can do whatever you want! You can stay in the lines or spill over the lines. You can cover the whole page with water, then add color to it before writing on it. Endless possibilities, so don’t feel you have to follow my lead in creating this piece.
Supplies You’ll Need:
- FREE Printable, for personal use (download button at the bottom of this post)
- White Paper
- Watercolor Paper
- Light Box
- Pentel Aqua Brush
- Tombow Dual Brush Pen
- Tombow Fudenosuke Pen
- Tombow Monotwin Marker
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $5.87Was: $6.00
Price: $31.46Was: $33.90
Price: Check on Amazon
- First, you’ll print the practice sheet on white paper, tape it in place on the light box, then tape some watercolor paper in place on top of it.
- Fill the Aqua Brush with water, keep a paper towel handy, then start painting with your watercolors. Make the banner light where the lettering will go so it stands out.
- After your painting is COMPLETELY dry, letter the top portion with the fudenosuke pens, then use the brush tip on the dual brush pens for the “He Has Risen” words.
- Use the larger side of the monotwin markers to outline the banner and flowers, then the smaller side to outline the scripture at the bottom.
Didn’t this Easter Watercolor Print turn out stunning? You can also print the design directly onto your watercolor paper, instead of using the light box, but I LOVE having the lightbox so I don’t have any marks of the Watercolor and Brush Lettering Practice Sheets showing.
Download the Watercolor and Brush Lettering Practice Sheets:
Left to Right, Top to Bottom:
- Spring Hand Lettering Practice Sheet- Lemon Thistle
- Bloom Baby Bloom! Watercolor Printable- Inkstruck Studio
- Spring Decorative Floral Lettering Tutorial- Dawn Nicole Designs
- Keep Growing Tall Hand Lettered Art Tutorial – Fox & Hazel
- Oopsy Daisy Hand Lettered Printable – Persia Lou
- Spring Has Sprung Printable Practice Sheet – Liz on Call
- Hello Spring Wreath Printable – One Artsy Mama
- Hello Spring Watercolor Printable – Here Comes The Sun
- Spring Brush Lettering Practice Sheets for Small Pens – Brittany Luiz
- He Has Risen Hand Lettered Easter Practice Sheet – Printable Crush
- Hoppy Easter Printable Coloring Sheet – One Project Closer