Need a gorgeous statement piece for your next party? Learn how to make this DIY Balloon Garland…it’s easier than you think!
I’ve been wanting to make a balloon garland ever since they graced the web. They’re SO beautiful, but for every party, I kept putting it off because I thought it would take to much time. I try to be real with you guys and when something is a pain in the butt, I’ll tell you. This DIY Balloon Garland was SO much easier than I thought it would be. And even though the balloons are deflated, it’s still up in my house two weeks later…but still kinda gorgeous!
What you’ll need to make this DIY Balloon Garland:
- Gold Balloons (I know, shocker)
- Gold Mini Lanterns
- Turquoise Mini Lanterns
- Mint Tissue Paper Honeycombs
- Bakers Twine
- Start off by assembling all your lanterns and tissue honeycombs.
- Blow up the balloons (no need for helium)
- Tie the bakers twine to each lantern and the end of each balloon. The honeycombs will already have string attached to them.
- Measure out the area you would like to place the garland and cut the twine so it’s about a foot longer on each end. This is a lot of extra string, but better to have too much than not enough!
- Start tying the lanterns, honeycombs and balloons to the string, alternating each one, but try to keep it somewhat random. You’ll want to tie some close to the twine (like 1″ from it) and some a little further (no more than 3″).
- Repeat until you’ve filled it all in, leaving one foot of twine on each side of the garland.
- Once you think it’s full enough, cut all the access string from where you tied the balloons, honeycombs, and lanterns (don’t cut the ends yet).
- Tie it to the place you’d like to place your garland. You can reinforce it with tape if needed.
- Cut off the excess twine on the end, but make sure it’s not too close, or your knot will come undone.
- Adjust all the items until it looks to your satisfaction. If you need to, you can tie more lanterns and balloons!
I’m really happy with the way my whole Game Night Party turned out, and I’m in love with the hand lettered decor that went along with this styled party…but this Balloon Garland really MADE the party. It was so pretty…and I think the pictures are pretty, but they don’t do it justice!
If you liked this post, check out these other tutorials: