Using agate slices for DIY napkin rings is an inexpensive way to turn your pretty table setting into a gorgeous one. Follow my simple tutorial to make your table shine!
I searched high and low for some Agate or Geode napkin rings and they either cost a fortune, were cheaply made, or they didn’t have enough. Since I’m a go getter, I decided to go the DIY route and I’m so happy I did, because these are GORGEOUS! AND, these Agate Slice DIY Napkin Rings only cost $5 each!!! I was looking at some that were $30 each…I like a pretty table setting, but since I had to buy 6, I couldn’t justify napkin rings that would cost more than my tableware. That’s just ridiculous.
Supplies For DIY Napkin Rings Using Agate Slices:
- Gold Napkin Rings (I got mine at Crate and Barrel)
- Agate Slices (I ordered mine from The Hollow Geode on Etsy and they’re SO pretty! 2″-2.5″ will be plenty big)
- Super Glue ( I like this because it’s clear and looks nicer. If you need it to stay better, try hot glue).
- Gold Acrylic Paint (this is the kind I always use. I LOVE it)
- Small Paint Brush
Optional for the gold gems:
I got my napkins at World Market and Pier One, in case you want the same ones!
Instructions For DIY Napkin Rings Using Agate Slices:
- First, paint around the edges of the Agate Slices with Gold Acrylic Paint. Let dry.
- Turn the slices over to the side you don’t want visible.
- Apply Super Glue to the back of the agate slice, then attach the Gold Napkin Rings. Let them dry completely. If they aren’t staying like you’d like, you can try hot glue.
- If you would like to add the gem details, upload the three diamond design SVG files to Cricut Design Space (try out this tutorial), then cut them out on Glitter Card Stock.
- Pull two napkin colors through the napkin rings, then place the gem designs on the top and bottom of the napkin ring.
This post is the second from my Game Night party, and I can’t wait to show you all the details! For now, you’ll want to check out this Hand Lettered Cake Topper (where you’ll get one of those SVG files from the gem set FREE!)
If You Liked My DIY Napkin Rings Using Agate Slices, Check These Out:
Hand Lettered Cake Topper Get the whole set here
Leave a Reply