Get your home clean and organized with this FREE Printable Cleaning Schedule and Checklist! Plus, check out a list of the BEST cleaning supplies!
I created a cleaning checklist over a year ago (almost 2! ah!!!) and has been my most popular post by far. The reason? Everyone is searching for a way to maintain a clean home. I’m with you on that one. When I follow this schedule, my house is really clean and it takes less time to pick up when I have surprise guests! I think you’ll LOVE the update to this FREE Printable Cleaning Schedule and Checklist, plus I’m telling you about my FAVORITE cleaning supplies!
Printable Cleaning Schedule and Checklist
First off, I kept the checklist pretty much the same. I love using this list and couldn’t think of a better way to organize it because, for me, it’s perfect. I clean a little bit every day, then reserve some of the less fun tasks for weekly or monthly.
I changed the colors and the layout a tiny bit to be more colorful and fun. Because we need to make cleaning a little more fun, RIGHT?? You also have the option to fill out your own sheet by hand so you can write down the items that need to be cleaned in your home. That’s great because every home is different. If you’d like to edit the file in Adobe Reader, you can purchase the editable file HERE for only $1.79!
The BEST Cleaning Supplies for Your Home:
- Norwex EnviroCloth: I use this for almost everything. These cloths are anti-bacterial (better than the top cleaning brand with NO chemicals). I was really skeptical when I bought these because they are $16 each…but I haven’t bought cleaner for my counters in 2 years! These have a 2-year warranty and mine are still going strong! I would say to get 2 or 3 to start out. Learn more about Norwex HERE.
- Norwex Window Cloth: I use these for windows (duh!), TVs and mirrors. I also keep one in my shower. I dry it off with a squeegee, then go over the metal parts and faucets with the cloth so I don’t get water stains. If I have a really yucky window (I have 3 kids, this happens A LOT), I go over it with a wet EnviroCloth , then dry it off with my Window Cloth.
- Norwex Mop: I LOVE my Norwex mop. I have a ton of tile and this is the only mop I’ve tried where I’m not exhausted when I’m finished. It’s super lightweight and all you need is water to clean and disinfect your floors. It’s pretty easy to scrub gunk off the floor and I really like that I don’t have to carry a bucket everywhere. I just rinse it in the sink every so often.
- Magic Erasers: I didn’t find a difference in the Norwex magic erasers and the ones you get at the store. I use these for stains on the floors and walls and I use them to clean the bottom of the shower. They really are MAGICAL!
- Norwex Dusting Mitt: This picks up dust better than anything I’ve used, plus I like that it stays on my hand and I don’t have to get dust everywhere. I just ordered the Dust-Wand because I’ve heard it’s amazing. For now, I just use a Swiffer Duster and it works fine for me. Note: If you want the EnviroCloth, Window Cloth, Dusting Mitt AND Wand, you can get a discount HERE!
- Clorox Wipes: The one place where I won’t use an EnviroCloth is the toilet. I just don’t want to worry about washing one cloth at a time (because I won’t mix them up with my kitchen cloths), so I use Clorox wipes to clean the toilet and Clorox toilet cleaner to scrub the inside of the toilet. I’ve also heard the Ergonomic Toilet brush is great and I think I’ll give it a try eventually!
This list doesn’t include EVERYTHING I use to clean, but those are my essentials! What are your favorite cleaning supplies?
FREE Printable Cleaning Schedule and Checklist:
And if you want the editable version, you can purchase it here:
If you liked this FREE Printable Cleaning Checklist, you’ll also like these cleaning tips and tricks: