Did you know you could Customize a Cricut Access Project? It is so simple, and this tutorial will walk you through the steps to create this beautiful bridal shower decor idea.
Welcome to the third post in the 24 Week Cricut Series! A couple weeks ago, I told you how to create a Cricut Make It Now Project. Today is somewhat similar, with a little twist. I’m teaching you how to CUSTOMIZE a Cricut Access Project in Cricut Design Space. In case you haven’t heard, Cricut came out with a new Beta Design Space program and it’s awesome. See how to Get Started in Cricut Design Space and My FAVORITE Updates if you’re new to the series.
In the video below, I’ll go over each step to place custom text on your Cricut Access Project. This is a basic tutorial, so keep in mind there are SO many other ways to customize a project! I chose to customize a beautiful Boho Welcome sign to say a last name instead. This would be awesome for a Bridal or Baby shower! The day I made this, I saw a video that said “Mmmbop” by Hanson was 20 years old, so that’s totally the inspiration for this name! My 13-year-old self would be proud.
What you need to Customize a Cricut Access Project
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Updated Cricut Design Space
- Cricut Access
- Freestyle Font (optional)
- Computer with the internet…obviously!
If you want to create this Bridal shower project, you’ll also need:
- Cricut Mat (I use strong grip for glitter paper usually, and regular or light grip for card stock. Try a piece of the material on the mat first to see what works best)
- Glitter Card Stock
- Scrapbook Paper– two colors/patterns
- 12″ Wooden Dowel
- Bakers Twine
- Liquid Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
- First off, you’ll need Cricut Access to edit this project, so make sure you have a membership. It’s so worth it with all the fun projects in there!
- Second, follow the video instructions above to edit the project.
- After you click “MAKE IT” and connect your machine, place the Glitter Card Stock on the cutting mat, then press go.
- Once that is cut out, you can cut the first color of feathers, then repeat again for the last set of colors.
- Matche up all the smaller feather pieces to the corresponding feather, then glue them in place with Liquid Glue. Let dry.
- Hot Glue the arrow pieces to the wooden dowel.
- Tie the Bakers Twine around two spots on the name (not on the last letters and not on the middle letters), then tie the Bakers twine to the wooden dowel, making sure the name is straight.
- Tie the Bakers twine to the top of the feathers, then tie each onto the dowel. Change up the height of each piece of twine, and space them evenly on the dowel.
I love that you can customize this to your bridal shower or baby shower colors…you can make it for your home, or give it as a gift. I also think this would be a cute mobile for a nursery. There’s also so many other decor ideas that match this Boho sign! Feel free to change the font, use different Cricut materials, add more feathers, add patterns to the design to make it Print and Cut (more details on that later), and much more!
Next week, I’ll be talking about why you need Cricut Access, so if this gorgeous bridal shower decor idea doesn’t convince you…I’m pretty sure that post will! So excited for the next installment in this series!
If you haven’t already, join the Printable Crush Cricut Tribe by entering your email below:
Join the Printable Crush Cricut Tribe!
Join the EXCLUSIVE Facebook Group, be the first to know about Cricut updates and sales, and get Cricut Tutorials Delivered to your inbox for FREE!
If you liked this post, check out these other Cricut Tutorials:
Faux Leather Bracelet Tutorial
Margaret Stout says
Thank you for adding me