Serve this Ocean Berry Icebox Cake at your next ocean or beach themed party! It’s really easy to make and anyone can decorate it!
With Finding Dory coming out this month, I’ve been inspired to get some beach/ocean themed posts out for you guys. This Ocean Berry Icebox cake is absolutely delicious. My kids devoured it and since I had to work really hard to get a piece out that didn’t look like a blob of whipped cream, I ate all the mess ups. It was rough, guys.
Isn’t this just ridiculously adorable, guys?? This is by far the easiest cake decoration I’ve ever done…and I like easy ideas because I’m no good at decorating cake. I have to work really hard at it and it still isn’t what I’d call Pinterest worthy, but this? I can handle this!
Ocean Berry Icebox Cake Recipe
Ocean Berry Icebox Cake
- 1 package Berry Blue JELL-O
- 2 c water
- 3 c whipping cream
- 1/4 c confectioners sugar
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- blue food coloring
- green food coloring
- 1 c diced strawberries
- 1 c blueberries
- 16 graham crackers
- More strawberries and blueberries for decorating
- Pour JELL-O in a bowl, then stir in 1 c. boiling hot water.
- Stir until combined, then add cold water and mix well.
- Refrigerate JELL-O for 2-3 hours.
- When JELL-O is almost done, make whipping cream by beating it in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment for about 5 minutes. Whipping cream should form peaks.
- Add confectioners sugar to whipping cream and mix well.
- Add JELL-O and 5 drops blue food coloring and 2 drops green food coloring to whipping cream.
- Mix well, then add powdered sugar.
- In a 9X13 pan, layer graham crackers, then whipped cream mixture, then berries.
- Layer again with graham crackers, then whipped cream and top with fish berries.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours, then serve.
My kids were very helpful and ate the whipped cream off the whisk. And yes, Riley is in her pajamas, Beau only has on a diaper and Max is wearing the clothes he wore the day before. That’s how we roll around here.
I recommend freezing this for a little bit to get cleaner cut lines (maybe and hour or so). The whipped cream doesn’t hold real well once it’s cut, but that helps…and it doesn’t matter really because it’s delicious and that’s what’s important, right?
Make sure you check out 10 other Ocean themed recipes by these Creative Foodies:
- Edible Sea Glass Candy by Happiness is Homemade
- Octopus Pudding Cups by Mom Endeavors
- Finding Dory Marshmallow Pops by See Vanessa Craft
- Shark Frenzy Ice Cream by A Night Owl Blog
- Ocean Water Mocktail by Spaceships & Laserbeams
- Easy Finding Dory Cupcakes by Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
- Under the Sea Cake by Ashlee Marie
- Ocean Friends Cupcakes by Mommy Hates Cooking
- Liquid Sunshine Cocktail by Two Twenty One
- Ocean Blue Lemonade Popsicles by Play Party Plan
- Ocean Berry Icebox Cake by Printable Crush
If you liked this post, check out these:
Oh my goodness, I love the strawberry fishies!
this is adorable, so cute and perfect for summer