These are all the Monthly Hand Lettering Prompts from Printable Crush in one convenient location. Now you can practice your lettering every day in your own style, or get the Monthly Practice Sheets from the shop!
The first thing I tell people to do when they’re starting out with hand lettering is to practice. I kind of cringe at some of my first hand lettering attempts, but if I hadn’t tried or practiced, I wouldn’t be giving advice on lettering. That’s why I decided to start offering monthly hand lettering prompts for free, because there really is no better way to get great at lettering than to practice.
There may be some days where you feel you’re too busy, or days that are discouraging (I’ve had SO many days), but the best thing you can do is get through those times and start fresh the next day.
I get it…I’m one of those that wants to be good at something NOW. However, lettering is not only a hobby I loved, it’s a stress relief or escape of some sort. If you feel that way, then jump right into these posts, because you can definitely benefit from that daily getaway!
2017 Monthly Hand Lettering Prompts
You may notice I’m missing a few months…well, that’s because I started in September. With so many readers that love these prompts, I so wish I had started earlier!
- September Prompts – fall is my favorite, and if it’s yours, too…I think you’ll love these prompts!
- October Prompts – spooky prompts for the most wonderful time of the year (well, for me anyway!!)
- November Prompts – these prompts will get you in the mood to feel grateful. Perfect all year round, really.
- December Prompts – ’tis the season for winter, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Year’s prompts!
2018 Monthly Hand Lettering Prompts
These are the prompts we have so far this year. Check back monthly to get them all (and make sure you’re signed up for the email list to get a notification in the mail!)
- January Prompts – these prompts are filled with all these winter and motivational.
- February Prompts – get your fill of valentine’s day quotes with these prompts.
- March Prompts – so many good things happen in March. I’ve got some Spring, Easter, and St. Patrick’s Day sayings for March!
- April Prompts – these are all about Easter, Sprint, Flowers, and Rain!
Monthly Hand Lettering Practice Sheets
If you’d like to practice using fonts I created from my hand lettering, check out these practice sheets in the shop! You may also enjoy my Hand Lettering Worksheets for kids (or beginners).
Why practice daily?
Practicing daily will not only improve your muscle memory skills, but it will also help you develop your unique style. Not only is it important to practice your daily lettering prompts, but definitely try to go out of your comfort zone. You can hear more of my thoughts on that in my post about Modern Calligraphy Techniques.
Looking for more lettering posts? Check out these goodies: