Practice Easy Calligraphy Letters with this free printable worksheet. Calligraphy doesn’t have to be hard…you just need the right techniques!
I’ve already told you about my reluctance to start using a brush pen or calligraphy pen – I just thought it was too hard. But all I needed was a little nudge and I realized that faux calligraphy (hand lettering or fake calligraphy) can be a real time suck.
Easy Calligraphy Letters Practice Sheets
I want to give you a little nudge toward “real” calligraphy with these Easy Calligraphy Letters that you can print out for free and practice at your own pace!
I love the look of traditional calligraphy – but it’s not necessarily my style…so these easy calligraphy letters are more of a modern or what I like to call “free spirited” design.
Want a little more direction with your Calligraphy technique? Check out my Casual Calligraphy Course for Beginners!
As I do with many of my blog posts and courses, I created my calligraphy course because I saw a void in the calligraphy world that needed to be filled.
Yes, there are literally THOUSANDS of calligraphy courses out there…I’ve taken a couple. Many focus entirely on the technique and that’s great, but I wanted one that was great for hobbyists, as well as business owners.
This course doesn’t just teach you techniques, it teaches you how to apply those techniques to create a lettering style that’s completely unique to you.
In my Calligraphy course, you’ll learn:
- How to use a brush pen AND calligraphy pen
- How to sit right and hold your pens the right way
- The “rules” of writing out calligraphy scripts and more easy calligraphy letters to practice
- How to break those rules and create your own style – we’ll practice bounce script, messy styles, refined styles – everything that will help inspire your creative journey!
- Plus other fun calligraphy tips like creating swirls and embellishments, ampersands, and finalizing your design.
- You’ll also get OVER 100 PAGES of practice sheets to keep track of your progress – and we all know practice is THE BEST way to learn calligraphy.
If you are a very beginner and not sure where to start, and not sure if you want to dive into a Calligraphy Course yet, I suggest you start with these posts:
Easy Calligraphy Letters Supplies and Resources
- Casual Calligraphy Supply List – I tell you everything you will need (or WANT) to get started in calligraphy, including paper you’ll need, pens, calligraphy nibs, ink, etc.
- Best Brush Lettering Pens for Beginners – If you’re wanting to only stick with brush Lettering, these pens are a good place to start.
- Free Calligraphy Template – Once you practice your easy calligraphy letters, try your hand at layout design.
- Hand Lettering Prompts – practice is the BEST way to become a pro at calligraphy. Try out all 365 days of lettering prompts so you can practice daily!
Best Tombow Products for Calligraphy Practice
In these images, you see numerous Tombow Products. I’m a Tombow Ambassador because I just absolutely LOVE everything they sell. Their fudenosuke pens and dual brush pens are my favorites – BY FAR.
These worksheets were made for thinner brush pens like the fudes, but I encourage you to try your hand at these easy calligraphy letters with all brush pen types. You just never know which one will work best for you.
And because you’re a Printable Crush fan, make sure you use the code printablecrush15 at checkout to get 15% off your order.*
Note: This coupon code can not be used on sale items or in addition to other coupon codes. For US Residents only.
Track Your Progress
And you see that little blank spot at the top of these pages? That area is for you to keep track of your work. I recently drew out a quote that I wrote when I first got my iPad two years ago.
Then I wrote it out again in January…
And again this month, and I’m sorry to say this to my old self…but new self creamed her out of the water. And it’s not that the first attempt is bad!
Everyone Starts Somewhere
Everyone starts somewhere, but continual practice makes a huge difference and if you keep track of your Easy Calligraphy Letters Practice sheets, it will be a HUGE confidence boost when you compare new self with old self 😉
And if you’re not quite there on your first try…remember that’s completely normal. I so wish I had kept some of my earlier work.
If you saw it, you would be shocked (SHOCKED I tell you!) to know that I now teach a course in calligraphy.
And I’m willing to bet that about 99.9% of all Calligraphy teachers out there feel the same way about their humble beginnings into the world of lettering.
So yes..EVERYONE STARTS SOMEWHERE so you might as well start NOW…
Check out the Casual Calligraphy Course for Beginners to start creating your personal calligraphy style today!