See this tutorial and download the FREE Cricut Cut Files for this Pin the Horn on the Unicorn Party Game. This new take on a classic game is a huge hit!
My daughter’s birthday was in July and since she was going to have a big shindig for her baptism, I was just going to invite a few friends over…nothing fancy. I asked her what games she wanted to play and she came up with this Pin the Horn on the Unicorn Game, which I think is GENIUS! They loved it, and of course…once I got on the unicorn theme, I ended up with a party that I put together in one day (more on that next week).
What you’ll need to create a Pin the Horn on the Unicorn Game:
- FREE Printables and SVG files, for personal use only (scroll to the bottom of the post and click on the pink DOWNLOAD button)
- Cricut Machine or Scissors and X-Acto Knife
- Large Foam Poster Board
- Sharpie Marker
- Glitter Cardstock or Glitter Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- Glue (if using cardstock)
- White Cardstock (for printing horns)
- 12X12 Cardstock (for tracing)
- Pencil with eraser
- Removable Mounting Squares
- Double Sided Tape
Before you get started, see this tutorial on uploading print and cut files to design space and this one on uploading SVG files to Cricut Design Space.
- Cut out the unicorn head onto cardstock. Mine was a little over 11″ wide.
- Trace it onto the middle of the poster board with a black sharpie. Fill in the mane and lips after you are done tracing.
- Cut the text onto Glitter paper or glitter vinyl, then weed it.
- Place the Transfer Tape over the weeded text, and press it down so it sticks really well.
- If you are using Glitter Cardstock, turn it over so the back of the text is facing up. Place some glue on each letter, turn it over again, then center it at the top of the poster board and apply pressure so the letters stick.
- CAREFULLY remove the transfer tape from the poster board.
- If you are using Glitter Vinyl, simply apply it to the top of the poster board and carefully remove the transfer tape.
- Now, you can draw clouds and rainbows at the bottom of the poster board with a pencil, then trace over it with the sharpie. Erase any pencil marks once the sharpie is dry.
- Now, print and cut the unicorn horns, and add some double sided tape to the back and start “pinning!”
You can of course, customize this any way you’d like. I’m loving the black and white with the contrasting colors, but I think it would look great with more color, too!
Download the FREE Pin the Horn on the Unicorn Party Game SVG and PNG Files
(unzip the files to use them) for personal use only
If you like this, check out these posts:
Make Your Own Unicorn Cut Files
Leave a Reply