These adorable Llama gift tags were easy to create, and I’m showing you how you can make Printable Gift Tags with the Cricut using these or any other SVG File!
Are you llama obsessed like the rest of the Pinterest world? Well, obviously, I am. They’ve joined the ranks of Mermaids and Unicorns, and I have to say I probably relate more with a Llama anyway. That’s why I LOOOOOVE today’s project. By the end of this tutorial, you’ll know how to make Printable Gift Tags with the Cricut. And while I’d love for you to use these llama svg files, you are in no way limited by this tutorial.
I’m excited to say that our bundles will now be available in the Fresh Cut SVG Files shop ALWAYS! The catch is our bundles are only on sale for the first 6 weeks of its release. That means you’ll get all 50 elements (and BONUS graphics) for a fraction of the price. These cute Gift Bag toppers come with the bundle…aren’t they so fun??
Now, on to the tutorial! If you’re new to the Cricut, consider checking out my list of Cricut Machine Tutorials. If you’re looking specifically for Print and Cut posts, I have it marked in sections so it’s easy for you to find.
What you’ll need to Make Printable Gift Tags with the Cricut
- Llama SVG File from the Fresh Cut Bundle
- Cricut Design Space
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air (read more about the Maker here)
- LightGrip Cutting Mat
- White Cardstock
- Baker’s Twine
How to Make Printable Gift Tags with the Cricut
- First, upload the llama SVG File to Cricut Design Space. Tip: Learn more about how to upload an SVG File to use with your Cricut.
- Add a circle to the file and resize it so it fits on the llama’s back.
- Create another circle, then resize it so it is smaller than the first circle but large enough to fit your baker’s twine or ribbon through.
- Select both circles by dragging your mouse over both of them, go to ALIGN at the top toolbar, then click CENTER.
- With the circles still selected, click SLICE on the lower right-hand corner of the dashboard. Delete the center circle and one of the other ring images, so you only have one ring. Tip: Learn more about using the Slice Tool in Cricut Design Space.
- Now, select the llama SVG File, then right click on your mouse and select UNGROUP.
- Grab the ring image you created earlier, press CTRL and select the blanket image on the llama (don’t select the white fringe element).
- Go to the lower right-hand toolbar and select WELD. Tip: Learn more about the Weld Tool in Cricut Design Space.
- This might change the color of the blanket. If you wish to change it back (or change any other element, for that matter), go to the layers panel on the right-hand side, click on the circle, then select the color you would like. The project colors will include any colors used in your uploaded SVG File.
- Now, click down on your mouse and drag it across your whole image so that EVER element is selected.
- After everything is selected, go to the bottom right-hand side of the toolbar and select FLATTEN. Tip: Learn more about creating Print and Cut Images Files from SVG Files.
- Now, resize your image by holding down your mouse and clicking on the arrow icon on the bottom right side of your selected image, and dragging it up or down, or enter the number in the size option on the top toolbar. Tip: Print and Cut images can only be as large as 6.75″X9.25″.
PS Don’t miss out on our FREE fruit themed bundle!