Print off this inspirational quote as a reminder to be kind and understanding, then read on for 20 ideas for Random Acts of Kindness!
Last week was hard. I try to create a space that’s happy and colorful, but sometimes I don’t feel so cheerful when I see all the hard things that people are going through. Don’t worry…I’m not going to turn political! I’m super stubborn, and I always think I’m right, so we don’t even want to go there…but I felt the need to share this Printable Inspirational Quote with you all. I truly believe that spreading positivity is what is going to change this world. It will happen slowly, but be assured…it WILL happen!
Immediately after hearing this quote by President George W. Bush, I knew I had to create a printable out of it. It fits what is happening just perfectly, “Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.”
Everyone has their talents, and mine is design! You might have a talent for saying the right thing, a talent for listening, or a talent for signing. USE those skills to spread love to one another. There will always be opposition, there will always be hate, but there will always be good, as well.
Be a beacon of kindness with these simple random acts. The best part will be sharing these acts with your children so they can see your example.
20 Random Acts of Kindness
- Write a note (an actual letter on paper) to someone
- Leave money or a coupon on a can of formula in the store
- Say “Hi!” and smile at strangers for one whole day
- Hand out water to the homeless
- Offer to watch someone’s children
- Take a freezer meal to someone
- Take a friend their favorite drink
- Pay someone a compliment
- Pick up trash in a parking lot
- Make a point to tell someone why you appreciate them
- Put change in a vending machine
- Share your talent with others
- Buy canned goods to keep for a food drive
- Call an old friend
- Take someone a plant
- Invite kids over for a craft
- Leave funny or sweet sayings around your town
- Leave a really good yelp review to one of your favorite restaurants
- Do a chore your spouse or kids usually do
- Forgive someone for a mistake
Besides those acts, remember to be considerate every day, like holding the door for people, taking your grocery cart back (and maybe take back random carts in the parking lot, too), and smile. It may seem insignificant, but remember “that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass.”