This Mini Galaxy Jar Printable would be perfect for an outer space themed party! It would be a simple, inexpensive and GORGEOUS party favor!
I’ve been seeing these galaxy jars all over Pinterest, and I have to tell you I’m OBSESSED! They really blew my mind and I knew I had to create some for my blog. I couldn’t just make a galaxy jar, though. It had to be MINI and it had to have free printables, because that’s how I roll. That’s how my Mini Galaxy Jar Printable Gift Idea was born.
And yes, I know these are not technically jars. They’re mini water bottles…which I like better because if my kids drop them, there will be no acrylic paint, cotton balls, glitter or GLASS on my floor. I’m crafty, but I’m also practical and I hate cleaning.
I tried a couple of tutorials and I ended up doing some things a little different. But you should definitely check out other ideas…the colors on all of these are mesmerizing!
To create these Mini Galaxy Jars, you’ll need:
- FREE Printables, for personal use
- Full Sheet Sticker Paper
- Paper Trimmer
- 1″ Round Hole Punch
- Empty Mini water bottles
- Cotton Balls
- Acrylic Paint (I used Teal, Hot Pink, Purple, and Black)
- Print and cut out the water bottle wrappers with a Paper Trimmer and use the 1″ Round Hole Punch to cut out the thank you labels.
- Squirt about a quarter size of paint in a cup, then add 1/2 cup of water. Do this for each color.
- Pour some of the paint mixture into a bottle and add some Glitter.
- Tear apart a cotton ball, then stuff it in the bottle with a skewer. Keep adding cotton balls until the liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat steps 3-4 until the bottle is full.
- Optional: Paint the lid black and let dry.
- Wrap sticker label around the bottle and put the thank you sticker on the lid.
Download the FREE Printables Below:
If you liked this Mini Galaxy Jar Craft, you’ll love these: