Get ready for cute picture overload! I’ve been working on this party for months…needless to say, I wanted to capture every moment 🙂 We celebrated Riley’s birthday a little bit last week on her actual birthday. This party was for her to celebrate with her friends (and mine too, which was awesome!) Most of Riley’s friends are boys, so I wanted to create something that was gender neutral, but still fun and somewhat girlie…because she’s the girliest girl ever!
I have used these cake stands in MANY parties and they haven’t let me down yet. I get a ton of compliments on them. I first used them for Riley’s cowgirl party last year and I just repainted the lower two. Lucky for me, the large one matched perfectly with her theme!
Besides that, I mostly used printables! The theme includes illustrations for a doctor, scientist, fireman, artist, astronaut and teacher. You can purchase my printables at my Etsy Shop, or click the button below to add it to your cart:
I usually make the food myself since I moved away from my cake making sister-in-law. This time, I was lucky to work with Inspired Sugar on the desserts. I HIGHLY recommend them. The desserts were all so yummy and they are so nice and easy to work with. They carried out my vision perfectly! PS…I’ll be revealing their web design very soon, so be on the look out for that! They made a coconut chocolate fondant cake, cookies, cake pops and cupcakes. The party was also at lunch time, so I wanted to have food available. I made peanut butter sandwiches and chips & dip.
My Favorite Things
- I love the Thank You Bags…they’re really easy to make and they really popped!
- The sandwiches wrapped in ruler paper. I got the idea on Pinterest 🙂
- Everything about the banner…the mini paper clips, the pom poms (which I made! Tutorial coming soon!), the colors…I just loved it!
- The pom pom cake pops…reminded me of Horton Hears a Who…I think I see a free printable and tutorial idea coming soon 🙂
- The “fans” behind the cupcake toppers.
- The different party hats that my daughter graciously posed with…adorable!
- The chips and dip box. My husband also said how practical it was because it’s annoying to have your dip running all over the plate.
- The nerd glasses I found at Target for the party favors…they went perfectly with this theme!
- The fruit skewers just looked beautiful (tip…place all the fruit on the skewer except for the last fruit. Place that fruit on the table or in your container and then skewer it so your skewers stay up straight).
- And finally…I love this printable set. It was my baby for the past few months and I couldn’t be more pleased with the way it turned out!
Seriously…that face is too cute!
Linking up to: