I love my job. I get to create and eat yummy food…I really couldn’t ask for much more. Since I’m a major introvert, I also get to meet AMAZING people that I wouldn’t otherwise meet. This Vintage 4th of July Party was a collaboration of some of my favorite bloggers and I’m simply in love with the way everything turned out. Not only was it beautiful, but the food was AMAZING and totally reminded me of home! The photography for this lovely shoot is by Brian from BTB Photography.
Bloggers like to cook, craft, sew, and we stay at home with our kids…so naturally we are drawn to by gone eras. This party was inspired by the 50’s housewife, from the printables to the food, to our red lipstick. It was eclectic, a little over the top, and to top it off, we had ribbon sandwiches and jello molds…yes, we went there.
Our decor had a lot of vintage inspired fabrics, fake flowers, American flags and just a lot of red, white and blue.
Get the free printables HERE (and leave a comment letting me know how you like them!)
Everyone contributed their specialty to the party. Liz from Liz on Call, Laura from Pink Cake Plate and I did the decor and I created the printables. Laura, Liz, Julie from Bread, Booze and Bacon and Wendy from Around My Family Table made all this glorious food (seriously, watch out for recipes ALL week…everything was AMAZING!!!) We all made pies. It was ridiculous, and wonderful. I just really really like pie.
Check back all week for new recipes, tutorials and more!
Food and Tutorial List
- Strawberry Mommycakes: Strawberry Banana Cream Pie, Pinwheel Tutorial
- Pink Cake Plate: Easy 4th of July Ribs, Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
- Around My Family Table: Homemade Thousand Island Dressing, Layered Blueberry Jello Salad (this was my favorite…absolutely delicious!), Cherry Blueberry Pie
- Bread Booze and Bacon: Strawberries and Cream Punch, Fizzy Berries Jello Mold, Bacon and Roasted Garlic Deviled Eggs, Root Beer Float Pie
- Liz on Call: Ribbon Sandwiches (best egg salad sandwich ever!), Lemon Cream Pie