These Bruschetta Boats are SO GOOD and less messy than regular bruschetta, which makes them great for parties!
I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again and again…you do not have to have sweets to through a beautiful party! I think dessert tables are gorgeous, but they are very impractical for a lot of gatherings. I don’t mind them for kid parties, but adults need some sustenance.
Bruschetta is one of my favorite things. I usually make it when we have hors d’uevres for dinner (like meats, cheese, crackers and dips…YUM!) My holiday party was a big hit because the food was delicious, easy to make and there was not a lot of clean up.
I love how these are red and white, which looked lovely for our Christmas get together, but you can make these for literally any party and people will devour them!
- 2 c. Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tbs. Basil Pesto
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
- 12 rolls (I like Costco's)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine tomatoes, pesto, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Make a "bowl" in the rolls, then add the bruschetta mixture.
- Top off with mozzarella, then bake for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bruschetta is warm.
- Serve immediately.
We usually have some appetizers during the day to hold us over until Christmas dinner. It keeps people happy, and that’s what Christmas is all about, right?
What do you serve for your holiday meals? I’d love some more ideas!