If you haven’t already seen our Vintage 4th of July Party, go there NOW…then come back for this amazing Strawberry Banana Cream Pie. This pie is so delicious, and beautiful and it’s made with the BEST Pie crust EVER! The photography for this lovely shoot is by Brian from BTB Photography.
You could definitely make this without all the strawberry ingredients, but I think that would be what they call a “crime against humanity”… or something. I tried each ingredient alone (and by try, I mean licked all the bowls and ALL the spoons) and everything is just wonderful. When I tried the whole combo, though….my taste buds pretty much exploded.
Use my BEST PIE CRUST EVER for the crust in this recipe. You’ll never try another pie crust again…it’s from my great-grandmother and it’s AMAZING! The recipe makes 3 pie crusts, so you can try different pie fillings with the other 2 crusts.
Strawberry Banana Cream Pie
- For the Cream Filling
- 1 c sugar
- 1/4 c cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp strawberry extract
- 1/4 tsp coconut flavor optional
- For the Strawberry Banana Topping
- 6-8 large strawberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 c orange juice
- 1/2 Tbs cornstarch
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs butter
- Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 heaping Tbs sugar
- 1 banana
- 5 strawberries
- 3 Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and milk in a saucepan.
- Mix until it's smooth, then turn up heat to medium high.
- Continue stirring until it starts bubbling and thickens.
- Reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes (stirring continually). Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl, then add some of the filling to the bowl of eggs (about 3 Tbs).
- Add egg mixture back to the pan, heat up to a gentle boil and cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in flavorings. Transfer to a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- While filling is cooling, make the strawberry banana topping.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until there are no fruit chunks.
- Transfer to a small sauce pan. Heat on med-high until it bubbles.
- Turn down to low, then cook for 2 more minutes. Take off heat and refrigerate.
- Whisk whipping cream in a mixer on high for 4 minutes. Add sugar, then refrigerate.
- After everything is cool layer bananas in the pie crust, top with custard mixture, then strawberry banana topping, whipped topping, the top with strawberries.
This post includes affiliate links. I get paid when you click, but I only post links to products that I endorse