This Spread Joy Gift Card Door Hanger is the gift that keeps on giving! Leave it on someone’s door with two gift cards. One for them and one to give away!
Scroll down to enter the $400 Cash Giveaway!
I love the idea of the 12 days of Christmas, but with three kids and a memory like mine…it’s hard to finish everything. Seriously things like that and Elf on the Shelf would never work with me. I would never move that dang elf. I still want to do something fun for my kids that would teach them the spirit of giving during the holidays, so I came up with these Gift Card Door Hangers! It’s the perfect way to Spread Joy this Christmas!
What you’ll need:
- Free Printable (download link below), for personal use only
- White card stock
- Paper Trimmer
- 2″ Hole Punch
- Glue Gun
- Score Board
- X-Acto Knife
- First, Print the printable on White card stock, then use the Paper Trimmer to cut along the edges (use the guides). Don’t cut the middle line.
- With an X-Acto Knife cut along the dotted line on the middle of the hanger (not the one by the circle just yet). That will be where the gift cards will go.
- Use the Score Board to score along the middle line of the door hanger, then fold in half.
- Punch a hole where the circles are with the 2″ Hole Punch <–I really like this brand because it’s strong enough to get through 2 both of card stock.
- Next, cut along the dotted line by the circle (keep the paper folded in half so it’s even.
- Glue along the edges of the door hanger. Be careful not glue the “Get One/Give One” area so the cards can slide in there. Fold in half and hold it in place till the glue dries.
- Place two gift cards in the hanger and leave it on someone’s door.
I’m absolutely in LOVE with this idea, guys. It’s perfect…everyone loves gift cards and this isn’t something that’s safe to keep anonymous. I’m always leery of homemade treats left without a name on the tag. This would be great to leave in a needy neighborhood with a gift card to a toy store, or even a grocery store so the families can buy food. I decided to leave my web address on the back, so people can keep the chain going and create their own Gift Card Door Hanger.
Download the FREE Printable Gift Card Door Hanger:
Now, you ready for more fun?? Enter the $400 giveaway below! All of these bloggers also donated to Toys for Tots to give more this season! We’d love for you to Spread the Joy this year and keep charity at the top of your To Do list this year 🙂
If you liked this, check out these other posts: