This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IceCreamHero #CollectiveBias
I’m going to cut right to the chase. These Rocky Road Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches are the bomb! This is the best dessert I’ve ever made and my family all agrees. They have seen so many baking disasters so maybe they were shocked…I don’t know, but everyone thoroughly enjoyed these!
I think they key in making the perfect ice cream cookie sandwich is to get the texture of the cookie just right. It has to be soft and almost malleable, that way you can bite into it without it falling apart. I used my coconut caramel cookie recipe base because I know that is the only cookie recipe that turns out for me. You also need to make sure you cook these for the right amount of time. My recipe says 8-1o minutes, but mine were 8 on the dot. It depends on your oven, but I would recommend taking the first batch out at 8 minutes.
Once they were cool, I dipped them in white chocolate…not only is that delicious, but it’s beautiful! I took like a thousand pictures of these and it took me forever to decide what pictures to post because I loved them all!
After that, I added some delicious DREYER’s SLOW CHURNED Rocky Road and Vanilla Bean ice cream. I like to use this because it’s light and fluffy and it’s easy to eat in a sandwich. Also, it’s 1/2 the fat and 1/3 the calories of other ice cream brands! Check out your Just 4 U account to see if there is a coupon available!
Rocky Road Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tps baking soda
- 4 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c butter softened
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c 12-oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 c almond slivers
- 1 c. white melting chocolates
- DREYER's SLOW CHURNED Rocky Road or Vanilla Bean ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whip together butter, sugars, vanilla, almond extract and eggs.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt. Gradually add to butter and sugar mixture.
- After mixture is combined, fold in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Spoon out cookies onto a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes (mine took 8 minutes).
- Let cool on a drying rack.
- Once cookies are cool, melt the melting chocolates in the microwave (first for 30 seconds, then 15 seconds until they are melted).
- Dip one edge of the cookie in the chocolate and let the chocolate cool. Do this for half of the cookies.
- Add a scoop of ice cream to an undipped cookie, then sandwich it with a dipped cookie.
- Either place sandwiches in the freezer or serve immediately.
I decorated these with some scrapbook paper cut out with a 2″ circle hole punch and the cute banner I designed for Tatertots and Jello! Super easy!
Check out Dreyer’s on Facebook and Pinterest to get more recipe ideas and deals!
[…] you are happy, or not…head over to my blog for my ice cream sandwich recipe to savor summer a little […]