Red, White and Blue Jell-O Poke CakeThe 4th o July is coming up soon, so I’ve partnered with DOZENS of other bloggers to bring you some great food, craft and decor ideas for the 4th of July. Food always comes to mind when I think of the 4th of July festivities. Which is why last year I shared cupcakes and this year I’m sharing another CAKE recipe! This Red, White and Blue Jell-O Poke Cake is so delicious and pretty!
This cake is the 4th of July version of my Orange Fanta Cake I made for Halloween last year. My family has been asking for a Jell-O Poke cake since and I knew this would be the perfect time to create it. The cake is a soda cake with just 3 ingredients, then you pour JELL-O on it after it’s cooled. Check out the video below for a tutorial on how to prepare and decorate this cute cake!
You’ll need the following supplies to recreate this cute Red, White and Blue Jell-o Poke Cake:
Wilton 2D Tip*
Wilton Piping Bags*
Wilton 6 in Cake Pan*
Red, White and Blue Poke Cake
- For the Cake
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 1/2 c. sprite
- 1 egg white
- For the Red JELL-O
- 3 Tbs. Strawberry JELL-O
- 1/2 c. boiling water
- 1/4 c. Strawberry Soda or Sprite chilled
- For the Blue JELL-O
- 3 Tbs. Berry Blue JELL-O
- 1/2 c. boiling water
- 1/4 c. Sprite chilled
- For the Whipped Topping
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1-3 Tbs. sugar
- Preheat your oven according to your box cake instructions.
- Next, mix the cake mix, 1 1/2 c. sprite and egg white in a large mixer until it's combined.
- Pour into ungreased pan (I used 2 6" round pans), then bake according to your box cake instructions.
- Let the cake cool for about 15 minutes, then poke with a fork every 1/2 inch (watch video for tips).
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the JELL-O. Pour the blue JELL-O into a bowl.
- Boil 1/2 c of water, then pour onto the blue JELL-O. Whisk until combined (about 2 minutes).
- Pour 1/4 c. Sprite onto the JELL-O mixture, then whisk again for another minute.
- Pour over every other row of the holes. Use the whole mixture and be generous with it!
- Repeat this process with the red JELL-O.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- When cake is almost done cooling, start the whipped topping.
- Pour whipping cream into a mixer and with the whisk attachment, whisk on high for 4 minutes.
- Add sugar, to taste, then mix on low until combined.
- Top cake with whipped topping, then serve.
I love that this cake looks even prettier when it is cut!
You can find the tutorial for these cute pinwheels HERE. I also used them for a Vintage 4th of July Party and they were so cute!
Be sure to check out some of these fabulous Red, White and Blue crafts and recipes!
*These are affiliate links. I get paid when you click, but I only post links to products that I endorse 🙂
[…] flamingo toes strawberry mommy cakes […]
[…] Red, White, & Blue Poke Cake […]
[…] This Red White and Blue Jello Poke Cake is a soda cake that looks just as impressive on the inside!Printable Crush […]