All my recipes have two things in common…they’re quick and easy. Make that three…they’re also delicious. That’s why I had to jump on the Mug Cake train, so today I’m telling you how to make a Quick Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake!
Mug cakes take about 5 minutes to make…count cooling time and you have about 7 minutes to wait to eat a delicious home made treat! Since it’s almost October (and I start planning for Halloween in January), I had to create these cute Dia De Los Muertos Cake Mugs to match the holiday season!
I’ve been testing out a lot of mug cakes for my product launch and I’ve learned a lot about making the perfect mug cake. A couple things to note when making mug cakes:
- They do not taste just like a cake out of the oven. They’re more rich and not as fluffy. This recipe actually tastes a lot like pumpkin pie.
- Do not use more than half an egg. It will be like a sweet quiche…not good.
- They can be calorie heavy. If you do not want to put as much sugar or substitute oil with apple sauce, you definitely can. Just keep in mind the texture will be different.
- The mix will not turn “golden brown” like an oven baked cake would. If it’s done, it will no longer be runny.
- 60-90 seconds is usually the perfect amount of cook time.
- 2 Tbs. egg
- small splash of vanilla
- 3 Tbs. milk
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 1 Tbs. pumpkin puree
- 4 Tbs. flour
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of ground cloves
- dash of ground ginger
- 1 Tbs. chocolate chips
- Add egg, milk, oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla to a mug and stir with a fork.
- Add flour, sugars, spices and combine until no longer lumpy (make sure you scrape the sides).
- Add chocolate chips and microwave for 60-90 seconds.
- Let cool 2 minutes and eat!
What are your favorite Fall or Halloween flavor combos? I’ll be sharing many more mug cake recipes, so give me your ideas and I’ll add them to the line up! And visit the store for your own SMC Cake Mugs and T-shirts!