If you’ve been paying attention to the weather, you would know that AZ has been under heat advisory for the past week. It’s been over 110 degrees every day…no thank you! Needless to say, we spend A LOT of time in doors and that means it can get a little hectic. I’m not much for planning huge activities or playtime, so it’s nice to have toys like LEGO’s around that are easy to get out and put back. Plus, they help with creativity, so WIN/WIN! I love the new LEGO JUNIOR suitcases, and since I was giving these as a little treat to my kids, I made Printable LEGO Luggage Gift Tags to go along with them.
These tags are really easy to make and they’re perfect if you want to give LEGOs as a gift. You’ll just need scissors, an Xacto knife, paper, a glue gun and ribbon. Cut them out, then watch the video to see how I put them together
Download the FREE Printables HERE (then leave a comment letting me know how you like them!)
Some other activities we like to do in the summer are:
- Building LEGOS: we like LEGO JUNIORS because they’re more challenging than the baby LEGOS, but easier than the larger kits. The instructions are easy to follow, even for younger kids. LEGO® JUNIORS is designed to give children age 4-7 a great first building experience with the LEGO brick through iconic, fun and easy to build models.
- Simple Art projects: we have a ton of kid art supplies and I usually let them do their thing. I’ll sit and draw with them and sometimes they copy me. It’s super easy and they love it!
- Dance Parties: it’s cheap, impromptu and you all get some exercise (something we need when stuck inside all day!)
- Classic Childhood Games: hide and go seek is a big hit in our house. Sometimes I count to higher than 100 so I can get a little break (I’m kidding!)
- Reading: my daughter just learned to read in school this year, so while it takes some time, reading is something they like doing.
I like doing simple activities because I feel like I spend more quality time with them. I think all these activities encourage creativity…they can do all these activities on their own if they please, or they can ask me to join them!
I also love these suitcases because if we travel for the summer, they can carry these with them! You all know how much I love to plan for road trips…so these make it that much easier!
What indoor activities do you do with your kids in the summer?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.