If you like working with paper and with digital products, you need to read this Complete Printable Design Resource Guide!
Guys, it was a little touch and go there with this Printable Design for Beginners Course. More on that in a little bit…but I’m SO excited to give you this Complete Printable Design Resource Guide so you can start creating your printable business.
This course was created four years ago and I’ve been wanting to update it for a whole year. I’m SO excited that the relaunch of my Adobe Illustrator Course – specifically catered to Printable design – is now LIVE!
If you’ve ever wanted to design printables or digital products for your business, and find Illustrator intimidating (don’t worry, you’re NOT alone), then this course is for you.
You can learn more about the Printable Course HERE
My friend Liz and I will be teaching a class together on Printable Design and she has a handy resource page, too…so make sure you check that out, too! By the way, Liz took my printable course when it first came out and seriously…LOOK AT HER NOW!
Like I said before, this course was a long time coming…and I’ve actually created it THREE TIMES. Yep, I had just finished recording ALL the videos for my course three weeks ago, and like an idiot, I didn’t back them up. Guys…I ALWAYS back up my files, but not this one because I was recording and needed my USB drive. I lost EVERYTHING for my course when my computer crashed. Luckily, nothing else was on it, but ugh…
I was heartbroken, obviously, but guys…it was a good thing, because when I redid all the videos (and backed them up) everything went so smoothly. The Printable Design Course is SO much better the third time around and I think you all are going to love it.
So, without further ado…check out all my printable design resources to go along with the printable course!
Printable Design Business Resources
- Printable Design for Beginners Course – we’ve already gone over this, but if you currently aren’t using Illustrator for designing printables, or if you have illustrator but want to get to know it a little (okay, A LOT) better, this course will be perfect for you!
- How I Got Started in the Printable Business – did you know I am self-taught? I learned by trial and error (but luckily you don’t have to!) Check out the story on how I started in the Printable Design biz.
- 3 Ways to Make Money Selling Printables – there’s more than one way to skin a cat…that’s a gross analogy, but basically, you can use your printable design skills for numerous purposes!
- How to Sell Printables on Shopify – And one of those ways is to sell them in a shop…I heart Shopify so much (go see why!)
- How to Get Bright White Photos and Other Photography Tips – You’re going to need some awesome photos of those printables once your done. Check out my photography tips for getting bright and cheery photos.
- How to use Mock up Photos to Promote Printables – Sometimes mock ups are easier than pictures…plus they look great!
Favorite Apps and Design Resources
- WordPress Download Manager – for managing your printable uploads on your WordPress blog. It helps keep track of the number of times your files have been downloaded, has password protection options, and it’s user-friendly!
- Shopify E-commerce – I have a whole article on this, but I want to reiterate how important it is to have a shop to sell your digital products and Shopify is my FAVORITE.
That up there? That’s me casually redoing every video. I put my makeup on and wash my hair every day, too. And I totally wear pants. Okay, maybe not…but I am usually happy and daydreaming like this when I’m designing printables!
Now, you can’t create great designs without great fonts. These are my go-to font shops and I’ve listed some of my favorites!
Font Resources for Printable Design
- Creative Market
- Design Cuts
- 10 Gorgeous Hand Lettered Fonts
- 12 Awesome Font Pairing Ideas for Designers
Did you know you can create Printables for your Cricut Machine? You thought I’d go one post without mentioning my Cricut, but YOU’D BE WRONG! There’s even a video in my course specifically for saving files to use with the Cricut…because do you really wanna cut out everything by hand? I’m guessing not.
Cricut Printable Design Resources
- Create Hand Lettered Cricut Cut Files in Adobe Illustrator
- How to Turn Kid Art into SVG Files
- How to Edit SVG Files for Printables in Cricut Design Space
- How to Upload Printables to Cricut Design Space
So let’s get crackin’! Join the Printable Crush Course Today!
[…] post about Printable Design Resources goes into more detail, so if you’re want to start a design related blog, check that out after […]