Last year I created a traditional Pennsylvania Dutch Ham Loaf for my Easter Dinner. It was really yummy and it reminded me of everything I love about Easter. This year, I wanted to create something that was unique, but still held some traditional elements…Thus, Pineapple Pork Lettuce Wraps! I’m pretty much in love with this recipe. I’m a fan of Asian food and this Americanized version of lettuce wraps really hit the spot. I may or may not be drooling right now. The best part is that they’re SUPER easy and you can make large quantities at a time…perfect for parties like my Easter Hors D’oeuvres Party!
Pineapple Pork Lettuce Wraps
- For the Pork:
- 1/2 Tbs. oil
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. orange juice
- 1 c. crushed pineapple drained (set aside juice for the sauce)
- 1 c. water chestnuts chopped
- For the Sauce:
- 1/2 c. pineapple juice
- 3 Tbs. orange juice
- 4 Tbs. soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3-4 cups cooked rice
- Heat oil to medium heat. Add pork, garlic and ginger. Season with salt and pepper and brown.
- Once meat is cooked, add soy sauce, orange juice, crushed pineapple and water chestnuts. Cook for 5 minutes and set aside (cover with foil to keep warm).
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and add to pan.
- Bring to a boil and turn down the heat to low until the sauce thickens (about 2 minutes).
- Place in iceberg lettuce leaves and layer with rice, meat and sauce.
Check out my Easter printables used in this image. Also, take a look at my Easter Hors D’oeuvres Party to see other great ideas for your Easter get-together!
[…] Pineapple Pork Lettuce Wraps […]