This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OREOCookieBalls
If I could indulge in only one weakness for the rest of my life, it would probably be OREOs. I LOVE them. These OREO Hot Chocolate Cookie Balls are simply amazing and they require no baking…which is always a plus for me. Granted, I’m not the greatest at making them look perfect…but believe me when I say they taste spectacular! I just added some cake pop sticks (for easy dipping) and some washi tape and they look super festive. These would be the perfect dessert for a party!
For the classic OREO ball recipe, you’ll need:
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
OPTIONAL INSTRUCTIONS: For my recipe, you’ll need also mix 3 Tbs. Hot Chocolate Mix and 3 Tbs. Marshmallow Cream into the cookie and cream cheese blend. Also, for the chocolate dip, substitute 2 4 oz. bags of semi-sweet chocolate with mint chocolate chips.
I got all my ingredients at Walmart and you can find OREOs in the cookie section. I love all the flavors, but original is still my favorite!
Find more OREO recipe ideas HERE and make sure you follow SoFab Chats on Pinterest for the OREO pinterest party to win some awesome prizes! It starts Saturday, December 6 at 12pm ET. If you’re another OREO fanatic like me, Check out this coupon for 50¢ off a package of OREOs!
These were a big hit with the family and it was something that I could make with the kids. They loved rolling these into balls and dipping them in chocolate. I can’t wait to try other flavor combos, but this one will be hard to beat!