Check out this Mini Felt Wreath Ornament tutorial to make a unique and beautiful addition to your tree. I’ve also included 3 other Poinsettia Ornament Ideas!
Thank you Oriental Trading for sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
We’ve reached the last of my Handmade Ornament Series, and I’m glad you joined me…because these are all SO Cute. I’ve saved my favorite for last, naturally. This Mini Felt Wreath Ornament Tutorial seems like a lot of work (well, it is if you’re making a bajillion other handmade ornaments like I did)…but they’re actually really easy when you have the right tools.
What you’ll need for this Mini Felt Wreath Ornament Tutorial
- FREE SVG File (download link below)
- Mini Wreath Rings
- Metallic Cording
- Cricut Maker or Fabric Scissors
- Felt in 3 colors (I used red, pink, and mint)
- Fabric Mat
- Tiny Pink Pom Poms
- Black Spray Paint
- Hot Glue
- Super Glue
- First, lay the Mini Wreath Rings on cardboard outside and evenly Spray Paint. Let dry, then spray paint the other side and let those dry.
- While those are drying for a couple hours, start cutting out the poinsettias. If you are using scissors, cut them out by hand, and ignore the next steps.
- Upload the SVG File to Cricut Design Space and resize so the largest flower is 1″ to 1.5″. You can vary the sizes of leaves and flowers, but try to keep the rations of the layers of flowers the same.
- Assign the flowers to correspond with your felt colors. You do this by clicking on the circle by the cutting symbol in the layers panel.
- Copy and paste as many as you’d like. You use 2 poinsettias, 3 holly leaves and 3 small leaves for each wreath.
- Send them to the Maker, choose FELT as your material and cut. Get more tips for cutting felt flowers.
- When everything is cut, assemble the poinsettias by hot gluing the smaller, thinner flower on top of the larger flower.
- Next, hot glue 3 Pink Pom Poms on top of the flower. Tip: Use tweezers to grab the poms. They stick together, so it’s easy to grab 3 at once.
- Arrange the leaves and flowers like I did on the Mini Wreath Rings and hot glue in place.
- Put on some Gloves, and place a small amount of Super Glue at the top of the mini wreath. The picture doesn’t show me wearing gloves…that was staged! If you work with super glue, you will need to wear gloves or your fingers will stick together 😉
- Wrap the Metallic Cording around the top of the wreath where you placed the glue and hold in place until you feel the glue holding the cording, then cut the end of the cord. If you need to, add more glue to the ends of the cords.
- Let dry, then place on your tree!
The great thing about this file is that you don’t have to be tied down to making these mini wreaths. I also made larger flowers to lay on the branches, a tree topper, and decorated some plastic ornaments with holly leaves. I love how colorful those are. I glued decorative sand to the inside of them, marbled them with darker or lighter colors, then hot glued the holly leaves on top.
If you liked this, check out the other tutorials in my handmade ornament series!
Download the FREE Poinsettia SVG File below:
For personal use only. If you’re on a PC, unzip the file before opening in Design Software.
Check out these other amazing Oriental Trading Crafts:
Those mini wreaths are adorable. You’re always so creative!