Thank you C&H® Honey Granules for sponsoring this post. Visit your local retailer to pick up your own package and start sprinkling sweetness today!
These Nectarine Berry Mini Trifles are AMAZING! Just a couple tweaks to the recipe make it lighter than most trifle desserts!
When I was in the 6th grade, we had a potluck Heritage dinner. Each kid brought a dish from a country of their heritage. My great-great-grandfather came to the US from England when he was 21. He lived in Tombstone for a bit and I thought that was so cool, well, I still think it’s cool. Anyway, I chose England for my dish and my mom made the most delicious trifle. I ran for the buffet table so I could have some because it was GONE so fast.
I have had these mini trifle bowls for years and I hadn’t once made a trifle with them. What is wrong with me?? Anywho, I fixed that last week by making these most delicious Nectarine Berry Mini Trifles. They were a huge hit with the whole family. An added bonus is that it’s lighter than most trifles because I mix the whipped topping with non-fat yogurt.
I also like that I can easily adjust the sweetness for each person using C&H® Honey Granules. It’s a free-flowing mix of granulated pure cane sugar and honey. I can Sprinkle a Taste of Honey for each trifle bowl and there’s no honey mess because of the easy pour spout.
These would be the perfect treat for a dinner party and you can just leave the C&H® Honey Granules canister out on the table. C&H® Honey Granules is sold where I live, but if they don’t sell it in your area, look for Domino® Honey Granules, the sister brand of C&H®.
Nectarine Berry Mini Trifles
For the Nectarine Berry Mixture
- 2 Nectarines diced
- 1 c. Strawberries diced
- 1 c. Blackberries cut in half
- 1-2 Tbs. C&H® Honey Granules
For the Trifle
- 1 1/2 c. non-fat Vanilla Yogurt lightly sweetened
- 1 1/2 c. light whipped topping
- 3 c. Angelfood Cake diced
- Combine nectarines, berries and sugar in a bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours so the sugar and fruit creates a juice at the bottom of the bowl.
- After berries have finished chilling, combine whipped topping and yogurt.
- Layer 1/2 c. of yogurt mixture in the bottom of each mini trifle bowl.
- Layer 1/2 c. of Angel Food Cake on top of the yogurt mixture in each bowl.
- Add 1/2 c. of Fruit on top of the cake in each bowl and spoon equal amounts of fruit juice on each one.
- Sprinkle with C&H® Honey Granules.
- You can serve immediately or refrigerate for one day before serving.
I plan on using the base recipe with other fruit combinations! What fruit would you use for your trifles?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.