Create these Last Day of School Hand Lettered Chalkboard Signs to use every year! Includes FREE Personal Use SVG File for the first and last day of school, plus templates for each grade!
I made some really gorgeous Hand Lettered Wood Signs for the Walnut Hollow booth at Creativation this year. Since it was for a giveaway, I couldn’t keep them and it was so sad, guys. They were amazing. I convinced them to send me more Basswood Planks so I could create more signs with them because I’m now ADDICTED. I figured they’d be perfect for these Last Day of School Hand Lettered Chalkboard Signs.
You can download the Personal use files below (that means you can use them for your own family or anything that will not be sold). If you’d like the Commercial License PURCHASE the SVG Files HERE!
The best part? You can use both sides! One for the first day of school and one for the last day of school!!! It’s handy for me because I have two kids in school now…it saves the other wood planks for other projects!
What you’ll need to create these Last Day of School Hand Lettered Chalkboard Signs:
- Cricut Explore Air™ 2 machine and did you know it now comes in GOLD??
- Transfer Tape
- 12X24″ Mat Set
- X-Large Scraper
- Walnut Hollow Basswood Plank
- Chalkboard Paint
- Paint Brush (I used two–one larger one for applying, then a smaller one for refining the edges)
- Chalkboard Markers
[amazon_link asins=’B01GSOMVRG,B003W06OFA,B00I99S3BC,B00LOTZRUE’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’strawbemomm03-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b8cbca03-2ede-11e7-9973-3fe5464615b3′]
- First off, you’ll paint the Chalkboard Paint onto the Basswood Plank. I just used one coat, and let it dry completely.
- While it’s drying, cut the design with the Cricut Explore Air™ 2 machine (go to THIS POST to see how to upload the file to Cricut Design Space) onto vinyl.
- Weed the design with the Weeder, then apply Transfer Tape to the front of the Vinyl, then take the backing off the vinyl.
- Center the design on the Basswood Plank and apply pressure with the X-Large Scraper.
- CAREFULLY peel the Transfer Tape off the front of the vinyl, keeping the vinyl in place on the Basswood Plank.
- Color in the design with Chalkboard Markers, then peel off the vinyl.
- If you want a less clean look on your chalkboard, you can draw on it a little, or sharpen the chalk, and spread the shavings around.
- To write the year out in the banner, you can cut out a stencil with the Cricut Explore Air™ 2 machine, and write it in Chalk (because it is easily erased so you can use it next year), or you can write it out yourself!
- Write out the date, then snap a pic!
If you don’t have any vinyl at home, You could also use paper, you’ll just have to cut it out in sections, and make sure you secure it in place. I love the way these turned out…and what I love even more?? I don’t have to make new signs next year!!! WOOHOOO! How are you feeling about the end of the year coming up? I’m excited about not having to make the bus stop at 7 am every morning :/
Download the SVG Files FOR PERSONAL USE FREE:
Purchase the Commercial Use License
If you liked this, check out these other posts:
Hand Lettered Wood Sign Tutorial
Leave a Reply