This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ProjectAmazing #CollectiveBias
We moved into our house 2 1/2 years ago and our backyard is finally looking nice. The first thing we invested in was grass for the kids to play on, a nice patio and some trees. Arizona may be hot now, but it is FABULOUS in the winter…so we needed a nice space for outside. It’s finally to the point where we can have outdoor get togethers, and since I’m a party girl, I like to spice it up with some paper decor. You can use this easy Large Two Color Paper Fan Tutorial to spice up your outdoor decor!
I love the way these look with black and pink paper, but obviously you can use any color you like. You can even use more colors…this would look amazing with rainbow colors, right? People typically attach the sections using hot glue, but I used Scotch® Brand Permanent Double Sided Tape and it was SO much easier and looks much more seamless. It’s my new favorite party product!
To make these, you’ll need:
- Pink and Black construction paper*
- Heavy Card Stock
- Score Board (I use Martha Stewart’s)
- Paper Trimmer
- Scotch® Brand Permanent Double Sided Tape
- Glue Gun
- 3″ Hole Punch (I used a scalloped Punch)
- 2″ Hole Punch
*NOTE: Your fan will be double the width of your paper. My paper was 9X12 inches, so my large fans were 18 inches in diameter. The smallest fans were 9 inches in diameter because I cut my paper in half width-wise, but I kept them 12 inches long.
- Score your paper every inch across the longest side of your paper.
- Fold your paper along the score marks.
- Place the permanent double sided tape on the last fold of the paper.
- Place the first fold of the opposite color on top of the other fold. Make sure it lines up evenly. Press to secure in place and repeat for each piece.
- Attach the ends together so it makes a complete circle.
- Using a hole punch, cut out a piece of the Heavy Card Stock. Glue it to the back of the fan and hold in place.
- Repeat with the front (make sure the front piece is smaller than the hole punch you’ll use for the glitter paper.
- Place the glitter paper onto the white card stock with permanent double sided tape.
You can also watch the video below to see how I made these:
You can find Scotch® Brand Permanent Double Sided Tape and their other products at Walmart in the crafting aisle. From masking tapes to spray adhesives and everything in between. No matter the task, there’s a Scotch® Brand product to match. If you are having an indoor party, you can hang these using Command™ Clear Hooks. I hung the fans up with ribbon, then tied a bow to hide the hooks a little more. It turned out really cute. Plus, you don’t have to worry about them damaging your walls.
When I first started doing parties, I used paper and my glue gun. I actually nailed holes in the wall in my rental to hang a banner. I may have been taking the party situation too seriously…BUT, if I’d had these I would have saved my husband a lot of spackling time.
I’d love to know…what would you create with Scotch® Brand adhesives? Feel free to leave links to your ideas and CLICK HERE for more craft and party ideas!
Sara @ Mom Endeavors says
LOVE how easy these fans are! I had no idea! And, brilliant to hang them with Command™ hooks to prevent the holes/wall damage!! #client