This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringIntoFlavor #CollectiveBias
I know…the title of this recipe is a mouthful. Trust me, this meal is a mouthful too. In a good way. Seriously…SOOOOO good! As the wife of a blogger, my husband has to be a good sport about what I put on his plate. He’s pretty helpful because he’ll tell me whether he likes it or not. When he sat down to this meal, he thought it was the weirdest combination ever…but being the man he is, he gave it a try. He LOVED it! And my brother loved it. And my sister-in-law loved it. I loved it. So much I ate it 3 meals in a row. Bottom line, this Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Mango Salsa & Sweet Potato Fries is something you want to add to your meal plan rotation.
I used to eat at this restaurant that had a Jamaican Jerk sweet potato that was delicious. Said restaurant has REALLY gone down in quality, so I lived for years without that delicious potato. I can’t believe I never even tried it until now. You know what? This is better.
I love the texture of the crispy sweet potato fries and the quinoa is not only good for you, it’s wonderful mixed with red beans and topped with my crock pot Jamaican Jerk chicken thighs. Of course, it isn’t complete without the salsa. This dish has the perfect amount of sweet and savory, plus the texture is killer! I don’t mean to brag (okay, maybe a little), but I outdid myself with this one. I think this is the perfect meal to start off your spring. It’s warm and inviting for all those that don’t live in the Arizona heat, yet also fresh and new.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Mango Pineapple Salsa & Sweet Potato Fries
- For the chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 Tb. Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1 Tb. Teriyaki marinade sauce
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Jamaican Jerk seasoning yes, again!
- For the Quinoa
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. quinoa rinsed
- 1 can red beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the Salsa
- 1 mango diced
- 1 c. pineapple diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 clove garlic grated or minced
- 1/4 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 c. jicima diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. chile con limon in the Mexican food aisle
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag Alexia Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt
- 1/2 c. shredded red cabbage optional
- First, add all the Jamaican Jerk chicken ingredients in the crock pot, besides the 1 tsp. of Jamaican Jerk seasoning.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Shred chicken, add tsp. of seasoning, then cook for another hour.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a medium bowl, then refrigerate until it is time to serve
- While chicken is cooking for the remaining hour, prepare quinoa and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add broth and quinoa to a pot and boil water. Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove quinoa from heat, fluff with a fork, then cover again for another 5 minutes.
- Add red beans and salt and pepper to the quinoa.
- Spread fries on a cookie sheet. You don't want to layer them otherwise they won't get crispy.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Layer fries, then quinoa mixture, Jamaican Jerk chicken, then cabbage and salsa and serve immediately.
For the Sweet Potato Fries, I used Alexia Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt. They were so good, you guys! I also bought Alexia Smart Classics Crinkle Cut Fries and Alexia Crispy Onion Rings from the freezer section in Walmart. I’ve seen so many creative recipe ideas using these products, so check out Alexia’s Facebook page and Pinterest boards to get more yummy ideas!
I love how you used the Alexia Sweet Potato Fries in this recipe. It’s so creative and it looks delicious! #client
Michelle Stailey says
i have to try this…it looks delicious!
Nice recipe! Yummy! Tried out at home..was wonderful! Keep sharing 🙂
Thanks for letting me know! Glad you liked it!