This post was made possible by iConnect: Influencer Management and Buddig. I was compensated for my time, but all opinions are 100% mine.
I mentioned on Monday that I went to Turks and Caicos and I loved the sushi place there. I am a HUGE fan of sushi, but I know it’s not for everyone. But it’s really fun to eat and it would be a shame if seafood haters didn’t experience the joys of eating sushi rolls, which is why I came up with these Ham, Bacon and Potato “Sushi” Rolls. These are a fun take on some classic comfort foods and are perfect for entertaining!
Another plus is that they look super complicated, but they’re really easy to make. I made 3 rolls in less than an hour and that’s including the time it took to shoot the video. You can dip them in gravy, ketchup, your favorite dips or use my honey barbecue dip…DELISH!
Ham, Bacon and Potato "Sushi" Rolls
- 9 Slices Center Cut Bacon
- 5 Red Potatoes
- 4 Tbs. Butter
- 1 Tbs. Milk
- Salt to taste
- 4 oz. 2 Packages Buddig Original Ham
- 1/2 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Panko Crumbs
- For the Dip
- 1/4 c. Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Chili Powder
- Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a pan to medium, then fry bacon in the pan until just crispy.
- Microwave potatoes for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Peel potatoes, then mix with butter, salt and milk until no longer lumpy.
- Cut bacon slices in half, lengthwise and lay six pieces down on some wax paper.
- Layer with 1/3 of the potato mixture, 1/3 of the meat and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Roll it up, top with some panko crumbs, then heat in the over for about 10 minutes, or until bacon is to your liking.
- For the sauce, just combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and serve cold.
After they’re done cooking, let them set, cut them up and serve with some toothpicks decorated with washi tape flags.
I used Buddig Original Ham in this recipe. Carl Buddig & Company and Old Wisconsin has been around for over 72 years and are dedicated to helping the community…something I can definitely get behind, especially since their meats are delicious and really affordable!
I decided to use potatoes in my recipe because Buddig is holding a fantastic recipe contest and November’s secret ingredient is potatoes! You can enter for a chance to win a huge cash prize by creating a fabulous recipe. The grand prize will be awarded on December 31st for a $10,000 prize (plus you could win up to $1000 for the secret ingredient prizes each month)!
And even better? Enter the giveaway below for a Buddig & Old Wisconsin #MakeItDelish package that includes:
- 1 branded lunch bag
- 1 branded shopping tote
- 1 branded pencil case
- 1 Free Old Wisconsin coupon (up to $5)
- 1 Free Buddig 2 oz. coupon (up to $.99)
- 1 Free Buddig 16 oz. coupon (up to $4.99)
These look delicious!