Learn how to make GLITTER Iron-On Pillows with the Cricut EasyPress 2. This is the cutest throw pillow, with iron-on covering the WHOLE front of the pillow!
I never thought I could love anything more than my EasyPress…then I was sent the Cricut EasyPress 2 and I have ALL THE HEART EYES for this fun machine! It’s larger than the first one and comes in a beautiful new raspberry color. Because it’s larger, it’s much easier to make throw pillows…and since I’m in the process of redecorating my daughter’s room, I HAD to make them super sparkly. You can make glitter Iron-On pillows in a snap with Cricut EasyPress 2!
I designed the heart pillow in Cricut Design Space, so you can just click this link to cut it straight from the machine. I had my daughter draw a picture for the Snuggle is Real Pillow and that file will be available in my shop soon. You can see how to make Cricut Cut Files out of Your Child’s Art and make iron-on projects instead of vinyl.
I knew I wanted to use different colors and it’s much easier to hold them all in place with the Cricut EasyPress2. Check out the video below to see how I made these.
What you Need to Make Glitter Iron-On Pillows with the Cricut EasyPress 2
- 12″ x 10″ EasyPress
- 20″ x 16″ EasyPress Mat
- Pillow Project in Cricut Design Space
- Cutting machine like the Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2 (read more about the Maker here)
- Cricut Glitter Iron-On Vinyl (I used Grape, Black, and Gold)
- LightGrip Mat
- Weeding Tool
- White and black fabric (depends on size of your pillows)
I want to note that this is not a sewing tutorial. However, I’m lucky I have a friend that has a sewing blog…so if you want to learn how to make a throw pillow, check out Sew What Alicia’s tutorial. Just note that you will be creating the iron on image before you sew the pillow.
- Open the Pillow Projects in Cricut Design Space (it’s free!).
- The pillow in the project are sized for 12×16″ pillow (heart design). If you need to resize the designs, select the whole image by dragging your mouse, then click the arrows on the lower right-hand corner of the image and drag it with your mouse. Or, you can resize it by typing in the exact proportions on the top toolbar.
- All images are color-coded according to the iron on color. To switch it out, select the color circle icon by the scissors in the layers panel and change the color.
- Once you have customized your changes, click the MAKE IT button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Now you’ll need to select your mat size and click on the MIRROR toggle so it appears green. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT for the text pillows. Otherwise, your design will appear backward.
- Click continue and set your material to GLITTER Iron-on.
- Place the material on the mat so the shiny part is facing down, click the LOAD button on the machine, then click the CUT button once it starts cutting.
- You will then be prompted when you need to change your material.
- Now, weed the material with the Weeding Tool. For the heart pillow, you’ll weed out the polka dots and the middle heart.
- Cut out liner on the center of the heart for the heart pillow, and the black center heart, plus trim all around the edges so none of the liner will overlap when iron it on.
- Place the fabric on the Mat, and the design on your fabric, and heat your EasyPress to 340 degrees and set the timer to 30 seconds.
- Hold the EasyPress down on the design, click on the Cricut button to countdown, then move it to the next spot for another 30 seconds until the entire design has adhered to the fabric.
- Turn the design over, change the timer to 15 seconds, and heat all the areas on the back of the fabric.
- Peel of the liner while the fabric is still hot.
- Now sew it together and place an insert in the pillow!
This is just the most fun design for a girl’s room and I LOOOOOOVE the way both pillows turned out. I also think it’s awesome that Riley was able to help with the design process, so her pillows have a personal touch, as well.
There are just so many fun ways to use the new EasyPress! It also comes in a 10X10″ size AND a smaller 6X7″ (can you imagine the cute little glitter iron-on pillows???) There’s something for every kind of crafter!
What will you be creating with the Cricut EasyPress 2???
Make sure you check out the rest of the posts from this Tween Room Idea!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
[…] Fabric products (because the Maker is actually a FABRIC CUTTING machine!) Create things like this fabric zipper pouch, fabric covered notebook, or Heat Transfer Vinyl Pillow cases. […]